Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a '07 Scrambler 500 4x4, and it seems it has all the features what I want. Since I mainly use my current ride for all around terrian riding, including the sand dunes, I'm wondering if the 5.5" clearance will become a problem. Any input pro/con ?
Krazy~

·
Registered
441 Posts
clearance wise my 06 does fine .......just stay out of the big bogger holes ....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clearance wise my 06 does fine .......just stay out of the big bogger holes ....
Well in SW Idaho, we don't have big bogger holes :) I sold my Magnum yesterday, and now I'm down right serious about the Scrambler. There are a couple 2005 500 H.O's locally on Craigslist at about $3K, and now I'm wondering how these bikes do on steep sand dunes? We have some very big dunes at St. Anthony's dunes in Idaho, and will be riding there mostly. How the Scrambler will work in BIG dunes, is what I'm wondering about.
Krazy~

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an 03 trail boss which is identical to the scrambler but yours would have 500cc and 4wd. Anyways my signiture picture is me going through about a foot of drift snow about a 50yds long and it never stopped it. I would begin to spin back up about 20ft and hit again and thats in 2wd so a scrambler would do it with ease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts