Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I have a '06 800 efi and just want to see if everything will fit ok, I have decided on getting 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 Mega Mayhems with 12" itp ss312's. Will these fit with no rubbing or will i need spacers, and would a clutch kit be necessary? Thank you very much!

·
Registered
495 Posts
My 06 800 EFI (Just acquired) came with Polaris upgraded wheels and ITP mud lites. I was doing pre season pm and repair and noticed it has appx 2" spacers behind all four wheels. Not sure if I can run without them or not. I actually like the wider stance, but, at the same time, I remember Corvettes in particular, having issues with breaking axles or causing wheel bearing failure due to the tires being farther outboard than they were designed to be. Anyone else remember that?

I guess I should have come prepared with the tire sizes but you can see they are pretty beefy, but, not monster. Let me know if you want the sizes and I will get back to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
What is the back spacing on the itp ss312 wheels?

The only concern will be the width of the front tires. The rears will be fine!

biz
:ponder:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 06 800 EFI (Just acquired) came with Polaris upgraded wheels and ITP mud lites. I was doing pre season pm and repair and noticed it has appx 2" spacers behind all four wheels. Not sure if I can run without them or not. I actually like the wider stance, but, at the same time, I remember Corvettes in particular, having issues with breaking axles or causing wheel bearing failure due to the tires being farther outboard than they were designed to be. Anyone else remember that?

I guess I should have come prepared with the tire sizes but you can see they are pretty beefy, but, not monster. Let me know if you want the sizes and I will get back to you.
Thanks a lot! maybe if you could just get the width of your front tires that would be great!

What is the back spacing on the itp ss312 wheels?

The only concern will be the width of the front tires. The rears will be fine!

biz
:ponder:
the wheels are 4.0 + 3.0 offset all around... thanks for your help too :top:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I do remember them being 27s, so, looking at their size chart, they should be 27x9rx12 front and 27x11rx12 rear. (I am pretty sure they are not 14s)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run 27" mayhems with 12" rims 4+3 offset, lots of room
hey, thank you.. I was just looking around and saw that people had to upgrade the length of their studs in order to fit alloy wheels... was this a problem for you? I plan on ordering quite soon but just want everything to go smoothly.

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
I didn't have to go with longer studs with my after market rims. With the wheel and tire combo u have chosen there won't b any fitment issues.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey, thank you.. I was just looking around and saw that people had to upgrade the length of their studs in order to fit alloy wheels... was this a problem for you? I plan on ordering quite soon but just want everything to go smoothly.
Mine came from factory with alum rims so it already had the longer studs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine came from factory with alum rims so it already had the longer studs
I didn't have to go with longer studs with my after market rims. With the wheel and tire combo u have chosen there won't b any fitment issues.
awesome thank you guys very much! i'll hopefully be ordering quite soon, along with a synthetic rope for my winch :top:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts