Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
If you have a 99 or 2000 Sportsman 335, the part number is 4010164 and it is no longer available. the LR60 module on the late 2000 335 was part number 4010249 which was superseded to 2204571 (and is no longer available also) was used on late 2000 - 2002 all models of 335's.

It is the fan control module - it turns the fan on at one temperature and if the oil temp continues to rise, turns the hot light on.

How did you determine it was defective?

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Regardless of the year model, there are no red wires going to the LR60 module. There is one red wire with a white stripe, blu/wht, org/blk. brown and two yel/blk wires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The module is a home, but it has 2 red wires, I will look closer when I get home and clean it off a bit so I can see better. It may have the wrong module, I don't know, I will get back later.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Well, there are 4 modules - LR60 fan control has 6 wires, rec/reg has 4 or 5 wires, LR83 module hub safety has 6 wires red/wht, blk, yel/red, brn, grn and wht and the CDI unit with 8 wires.

What problem are you having other than a smoking wire?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a 6 wire module. the ATV is new to me, had an oil leak and we found a seal had popped out, once we pressed it back in place it ran fine, then the smoke started coming from the front and we located the module with the issue. the black filler around the wire was bubbling and smoking. ATV came from a forestry authority in Georgia.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
That is the rec/reg (LR-35 module) - it's for charging the battery - they do fail frequently especially if you add lights, run with a defective battery or don't maintain the wire connections - part number 4060191 or 2205046 (no longer available from Polaris), but all over Ebay both new and used

1 - 14 of 14 Posts