Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife rides a 2001 Trail Boss 325, and seems to always get stuck in the sand dunes. It is strickly stock, and running ITP Mudlites front and back. So she winds up riding my 425 Magnum 4x4 when riding the dunes and I want it back :y: First of all, I'm going to install paddle tires on the rear, and the sand tires on the front. What I need are some suggestions about getting more power. Free flow muffler, K&N filter, maybe some carb jet work? Looking for suggestions.
Krazy~

·
Registered
527 Posts
You need a clutch kit to put that power to the ground and to pull the sand tires. I have a clutch kit that includes a roller secondary clutch set up for your application, primary spring and weights. This will eliminate any belt slippage and put more use able power to the ground.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a clutch kit to put that power to the ground and to pull the sand tires. I have a clutch kit that includes a roller secondary clutch set up for your application, primary spring and weights. This will eliminate any belt slippage and put more use able power to the ground.
Does it take more power to pull the paddle tires than the ITP Mudlites with the heavy tread ?
Krazy~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts