Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a stock 2006 scrambler 500 HO 4x4 .i would like more power without spending big $$$ what would be the best mods to start with

P

·
0 Posts
I have a SS Wileyco RS46 Header pipes and slip on muffler that will certainly help.

It has the USFS spark arrestor screen already in it and you can not beat the price of $150 plus shipping. (My turn to pay it forward).

I have pictures of it on my website at http://mnolte.sasktelwebsite.net/.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there. Same question from me. Sounds like the standard answer is exhaust and clutches. I'm not sold on either of these. Exhaust, maybe... definitely read lots of reviews. People will claim 3-5 hp from a slip on... there's no way. Maybe 1-2. As a stand alone mod I don't believe you'll feel the difference. As far as clutches, you're not making more power, it just winds up to a higher rpm before moving. So it feels like it's taking off quicker, and maybe it is, but a scrambler 500 gets moving pretty quick anyway. I'll be following your post, see what others have to say. I'm sure I'll get my 'hand smacked' for my exhaust comment.... :)

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
you could make it acc quicker by going to a smaller front sprocket and/or a larger back sprocket, but you will give up some top end speed

·
Registered
17 Posts
j carey, not to get off subject, but... is that actually your quad in your avatar pic with the skis? If so, mind sending me some pics, and maybe a quick description? (all home made / store bought....) Thanks. obviously I think that's pretty cool!

·
Registered
603 Posts
you could make it acc quicker by going to a smaller front sprocket and/or a larger back sprocket, but you will give up some top end speed
I think that would screw up the 4wd by changing the chain gearing. Its already a weird setup they have now because of the different size front and rear tires. But that would work on a 2wd quad though...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
skis

yes that is my quad,i had made them for my raptor,and warrior,but sold those quads befor the snow came,so i thought i would put them on the scrammy,works great in the deep snow and in the hard packed as well, but you must run a good mud tires.i was selling a set for 200.00 plus shipping.iam working away from home right now but i will try to send some pics soon

j carey, not to get off subject, but... is that actually your quad in your avatar pic with the skis? If so, mind sending me some pics, and maybe a quick description? (all home made / store bought....) Thanks. obviously I think that's pretty cool!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pipe

hey iam working in Yorkton SK right now,were can i find a pipe ??? do i need to rejet ???thanks jeff

I have a SS Wileyco RS46 Header pipes and slip on muffler that will certainly help.

It has the USFS spark arrestor screen already in it and you can not beat the price of $150 plus shipping. (My turn to pay it forward).

I have pictures of it on my website at http://mnolte.sasktelwebsite.net/.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The exhaust makes a big difference if done with air filter & jetted properly. Clutch makes a big difference in getting power to the ground! I wouldnt change gearing but you can go to 20 inch rear & 21 inch front tires but I dont think it will be needed after the other mods.
The skis work great in the snow, I did it to my ATC a LONG time ago & also for my ATVs, I wish I still had a pair!
Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you don't rejet after pipe and if you do a air box mod or run with out lid then you kill the power from running lean, it just won't pull up the rpm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts