Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put new tires on the XP and would like to see what people like. I was not happy with the Mud lites I had on my 500. I have been thinking about the Swamp lites. I have been on a few tire sites and see the Swamp lites are the best selling tires. looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out Zilla`s... I run them on both my quads and have been super happy with their performance. Great all around traction on trails and in the mud with the bonus of being a super lite tire.

·
Registered
667 Posts
what type of terrain do you ride in? that has the most to do with the type of tire you want and need.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
mine favorite tire is the itp xtr, there pricey but they are a great all around tire I got 900 miles on them and there just starting to show some wear.

·
Registered
650 Posts
X2 on the XTR's!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't discriminate when I ride, I do it all! More trail with mud and rock and of course the mud holes!:tounge-in-cheek:

·
Registered
667 Posts
for a radial tire if the mud is not deep go bighorns,if there is more mud i would look at the new PITBULL GROWLER radial. bias tire i would go zillas over all else for a trail/mud tire.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires

I wish they had a tire demo day. Will a 27X11x14 fit the back of the 850XP OK? I was warned about their might not be enough clearance. Thanks for all the help.
Happy riding!

·
Registered
667 Posts
the only 11" wide tire that will fit on the stock wheels rear and not hit the sway bar is the zilla and they are close. a 1" spacer will work for any other tire.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I wish they had a tire demo day. Will a 27X11x14 fit the back of the 850XP OK? I was warned about their might not be enough clearance. Thanks for all the help.
Happy riding!
If you have an 09 you will have to bend the swaybar or go with a 1" spacer, the Zilla's like said before may clear. The 2010 XP's have more room to clear the swaybar on the wider tires. When my bike was at the dealer for the recall I had them put on the spacer's and got rid of the washer's I had on before. The wider tires plus the spacer's does cause the tires to stick out past the fender's and may cause some muddrop's to land on the bike! Part of the fun of muddin! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I read this post cuz I'll be buying a 2010 850XP in the next few months and really like the ITP Mud Lite "XTR" or the SWAMPLITES...I'm the type of guy that will detour MUD holes and try to keep my machine CLEAN as possible...but my concern is having the best traction in SNOW and have a descent riding tire on hard packed and marked trail system...I'm totally new to this sport and want to make the right choice or should I just keep the OEM'S on...like I said I'm mostly concerned of DEEP snow riding cuz I ice fish a lot and want the MAXIMUM traction and smoothest possible ride in the summer.

Another thing I'm questioning is most 14" tires only come in 27" is that a problem in any way, another big question...RADIAL or not? again any advantages of having Radial's, I'm not an AGGRESSIVE mud digger rider, but snow is another story! I'm going to be riding in some deep stuff at given times! Is their any demand for OEM brand new tires if so what are they worth? 1 last thing are either tires (XTR/SWAMPLITES) a DIRECT fit on OEM rims without the use of SHIMS?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I read this post cuz I'll be buying a 2010 850XP in the next few months and really like the ITP Mud Lite "XTR" or the SWAMPLITES...I'm the type of guy that will detour MUD holes and try to keep my machine CLEAN as possible...but my concern is having the best traction in SNOW and have a descent riding tire on hard packed and marked trail system...I'm totally new to this sport and want to make the right choice or should I just keep the OEM'S on...like I said I'm mostly concerned of DEEP snow riding cuz I ice fish a lot and want the MAXIMUM traction and smoothest possible ride in the summer.

Another thing I'm questioning is most 14" tires only come in 27" is that a problem in any way, another big question...RADIAL or not? again any advantages of having Radial's, I'm not an AGGRESSIVE mud digger rider, but snow is another story! I'm going to be riding in some deep stuff at given times! Is their any demand for OEM brand new tires if so what are they worth? 1 last thing are either tires (XTR/SWAMPLITES) a DIRECT fit on OEM rims without the use of SHIMS?
I went with radials mostly for the better ride on hard packed trails.I went with xtr,s I love them there tough as nails and are awsome in the mud and snow.they also wear better then a bias, Since you have a 2010 from what i have read on the forum you should be able to put 27-12-14 tires on your stock rims its the 2009 like mine that need shims or aftermarket rims or bending the swaybar to make things fit. the thing to remember about radials there expensive and the xtrs are a heaver tire then most . I just sold mine set of rims and tires for 300$ not alot but the stock tires arnt the greatest.
:buttkick:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have a 09 XP! I went with the 26X11XR14 Maxxis Bighorns and 30mm G-Force spacers for the rear and 26X9XR14 for the front. I highly recommend the G-Force spacers from Rocky Mountain ATV. The workmanship is exquisite. Great customer service and fast shipping. I got my tires in one day from Utah and I live on the east coast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts