Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need your opinions. I'm trying to convince (which I already did - HEHEHE) myself that I made the right decision by purchasing new MSA M17 wheels with ITP 27" Mega Mayhems. My wife says it is excessive and I shouldn't have spent the money. I happen to like the way that it looks and the way it rides. Anyway, it didn't help matters any when I told her to just go make me a sandwich and get me a beer. I got neither.

Just thought I would share some pics of the new wheels!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Look great! Oh I want some tooooo....

And you know she'll get over it or at least go on her own little shopping spree, they always do! :flowers1:

·
Premium Member
10,544 Posts
u did the right thing by getting the rims n tires and telling wifey to go get u a sandwich and beer. its not excessive its a toy and its fun "forget ah bout it". by the way the bike looks awesome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL! Thanks! I knew I could get your support. I wish flowers would work. She will be going on the shopping spree. AND she'll do it on a day I go riding and not tell me until after she drops the $$$$. Glad my GF isn't like my wife! j/k

Women!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks solid.

I'm a huge fan of the stock XP wheels though. Prefer those over anything I've seen.

Think the tires were a great choice, but I see more pressing needs than the wheels.

Need to get some fender flares for sure now with those new tires. Look like they'll throw some mud.

Looks good though. I don't like anything red, but for some reason I love the XP in red.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
wait a minute. isn't asking if an ATV Forum member/atv enthusiast if buying accessories for an ATV is a good idea, like asking a crack head if it's a good idea to buy crack?

first, I like it.

Second, it depends on your financial situation on whether or not they were to expensive or not. Remember money; the amount of, and the use of, is the #1 cause of divorce. so don't take her concerns to lightly.

I know my wife hates it when I spend any money or time working on my quad. She never wanted it. but me and my three boys love it so she's going to have to deal with it. Next year I'm getting another one and We'll be able to ride as a family and she can't complain. her complaint is that its not something she wants to do. I counter with cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, fixing broken stuff, and doing remodels isn't what I want to do. lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
buy her some jewelry or something she'll forget about your accessories haha have you taken your wheeler through any mud yet with those mayhems?

·
Registered
978 Posts
women just dont understand. Everytime i order something the wife says why do you need that. I say its a guy thing you wldnt understand

·
Registered
140 Posts
Come on, the cost of the tires probably equals out to how much she spends on hair and nails in a year. You have to spend a little on yourself if you're throwing in half of the money for bills.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You're wife is very understanding. My ex would have made the sandwich, threw the beer at my head from near point blank range, then ate the sandwich in front of me. Tires an wheels look awesome too.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sweet pics! Just give her the "what for" tonight :knuddel:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Looking good, no justification needed. Love that color of plastics, one of the best Polaris has come out with.

Getting rid of the stock tires is nearly mandatory and rim/tire combos are about the same price as tires and paying to get them mounted.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks great man! I love the color of your plastics too. I'm in a similar situation, I bought new tires and wheels too. I tried to lie about the price, but forgot she knows the log in and password to the credit card website. So yeah I was busted but told her I HAD to have them and that it was a safety issue with having kids on my 800. Yeah she didn't agree with that. But I really like your set up man. Great job!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Man I'm right there with ya! Every time a new package shows up the wife is like " Now what did you get?" Then I get the eye roll. She doesn't seem to mind as long as the bills get paid and this kind of stuff keeps me out of trouble....for the most part :naughty: I just mounted a set of 28" Mega Mayehms and some High Lifter HD springs last week myself, took 'em for a ride this weekend and man they like to dig! Snow or mud they try to find the bottom. They did great on regular trails too. They definitely behave better than the Executioners I had

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Love that color. The rim/tire package look sweet too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! So my wife has stopped asking questions about all the things I have done to it. She did say that it looked good. She is probably setting me up.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission!!! Machine looks sweet bro:cowboy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts