Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I am trying to help the old farmer next door. He has two rough 1994 300 4x4's .. he is trying to make one out of them ...been sitting for 20 years!

So ... got one free ... put in new rings ... IT RUNS!

Problem ... all three calipers are stuck. Worse, someone broke of the bleeders so I can't even rebuild them.

I looked on ebay ... think I found fronts cheap ($60 for a pair).

Rear, now there is a problem. It has one common rear caliper .... some strange mechanical / hydraulic combination.

I see in later years they seemed to have changed over to dual hydraulic.

Does anyone know where I can find a caliper for this unit ... new (oem or aftermarket) or a good used one? or maybe there is some work around or retrofit or ??????

Thanks so much ..... Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey!

I am trying to help the old farmer next door. He has two rough 1994 300 4x4's .. he is trying to make one out of them ...been sitting for 20 years!

Problem ... all three calipers are stuck. Worse, someone broke of the bleeders so I can't even rebuild them.

Rear, now there is a problem. It has one common rear caliper .... some strange mechanical / hydraulic combination.

Does anyone know where I can find a caliper for this unit ... new (oem or aftermarket) or a good used one? or maybe there is some work around or retrofit or ??????

Hey!

Powersportsnation online has alot of good used parts. I have bought a few things from them and its always free shipping and reasonable prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Powersportsnation online has alot of good used parts. I have bought a few things from them and its always free shipping and reasonable prices.
Thanks! Doesn't look like they have any listed on their web site but I just shot them an e-mail.

Anywhere else I can try?

Thanks ... Mike

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Most calipers can be rebuilt if you have the expertise - broken bleed screws can be extracted even if they have to be milled out - if you don't find a replacement, consider having the old one rebuilt - I believe I can do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most calipers can be rebuilt if you have the expertise - broken bleed screws can be extracted even if they have to be milled out - if you don't find a replacement, consider having the old one rebuilt - I believe I can do it.
WOW ... awesome. I have never had and ATV or for that matter, never even driven one. I've worked on cars and trucks but they all had heavy iron calipers. I was able to heat them up ... get out the bleed with an extractor and hone the bore.

If I can't find one (and no luck so far) I can send you both ... we only need to get one out of the two.

Thanks so very much !!!!!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey!

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
There are a lot of places that will list it, but only one of a 1000 might actually have it - finding the one is the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts