Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i am new here and dont have a sportsman yet but am wanting to trade or sell my harley to get one so what i am wondering is how old of a sportsman can you get before you would consider them outdated or undisireable of some of the things i would like to have are the independent rear suspension front diff lock or upgraded 4x4 system and fully auto trans would like to also have option of manual electronic shifting i'm not sure if these are all available options or not any advice would be great

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
hey everyone i am new here and dont have a sportsman yet but am wanting to trade or sell my harley to get one so what i am wondering is how old of a sportsman can you get before you would consider them outdated or undisireable of some of the things i would like to have are the independent rear suspension front diff lock or upgraded 4x4 system and fully auto trans would like to also have option of manual electronic shifting i'm not sure if these are all available options or not any advice would be great
Well it first depends how much you have to spend. I dont know much before the 2005 sportsmens but they all have the same basic primary and secondary clutches like a sled. theres a high and low high for speeeds above 10 miles an hour and low for slower speeds and for hauling and seroius offroad fun. all the sportmens have rear independent suspension and full time fourwheel drive. if you got around 5000 you buy a brand new 500 carb sportsmen. thats just a figure and idea you didnt give a doller amount .

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
o yea welcome to the forum also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts