Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am trying to get some input on what route I should take with my 1996 xplorer 400. I just found out it needs a crank case bearing and maybe more. When we pulled the recoil off there was antifreeze in the clutch case. Also if you grab the clutch you can move it up and down. The quad only has about 800 original miles on it and as you can see by the pics it's in pretty good shape. I think I will need a crankcase to say the least. I could also part it out and start over? Any input or info on parts is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'd do some research into how much one in running condition is in your area. If it's more than the cost to fix I'd fix it. than consider selling it and upgrading to a newer machine. If it's not I'd part it out and get what I could from it to upgrade to a newer machine. 96 is able to drive itself if it were a kid so that's pretty old for an ATV even if it's in good condition. and fixing it, you might have some new parts, but it's still riding around on stuff thats 17 yrs old and who knows how much longer it will last before the rest starts falling appart on you.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Either fix it and sell it or part it out. Did a quick search on Ebay and engine parts are plentiful and easy to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts