Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys for those of you that stick w me and my horrible explanations in need help part 1...thanks.

For those of you just joining, quick catchup. My 570 died when low on gas, then started back up and no power when accelerating and backfiring some, more backfire than popping.

I finally had time today to work with it. I checked the spark plug and the air filter. Going to change them both. I have attached pictures, the plug was a little wet too. What do you guys see on these pics?

I also ordered a fuel pressure testing kit and going to test the fuel pump when it gets here Wednesday.

My question is...where is the pump? It’s a 2015 model and I cannot find it to save my life.

Thanks again for all the advice guys, true life saver.

Here’s the plug and air filter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
There should be a shrader valve near the injector in the hard line from the pump. it should have what looks like a valve stem cap on it. Remove the cap and your tester will thread onto that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I will look for that tonight. Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Your pump is in the tank
No wonder I couldn't find it lol. Is there a way to check the pressure then?
You can get a fuel pump tester with the gauge on a TEE from Harbor Freight or The Borg (AutoZone, O'Riley, Advance, etc)
I believe the quick disconnect fittings are called Bundy fittings. You can get the male and female ends to make adapter hoses.

This is on a Ranger UTV but the 570 has a similar fuel pump module under the plastics on top of the tank.
If your fuel is as filthy as the stuff in the video you'll need to take the tank off and douche it out.

·
9,408 Posts
Your pump is in the tank
You can get a fuel pump tester with the gauge on a TEE from Harbor Freight or The Borg (AutoZone, O'Riley, Advance, etc)
I believe the quick disconnect fittings are called Bundy fittings. You can get the male and female ends to make adapter hoses.

This is on a Ranger UTV but the 570 has a similar fuel pump module under the plastics on top of the tank.
If your fuel is as filthy as the stuff in the video you'll need to take the tank off and douche it out.
You don't have to do all that rigging to test Hatzie. There's a test port right on the fuel rail to connect a gauge to. Also in Dee Ray's video if you test at the pump you can't run the engine to see how the pump does under load or when hot. The pumps will often test ok when cold or not under load. If you have a gauge on the test port you can actually run the machine and even take it for a ride to see how the pump performs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your pump is in the tank

You don't have to do all that rigging to test Hatzie. There's a test port right on the fuel rail to connect a gauge to. Also in Dee Ray's video if you test at the pump you can't run the engine to see how the pump does under load or when hot. The pumps will often test ok when cold or not under load. If you have a gauge on the test port you can actually run the machine and even take it for a ride to see how the pump performs.
Can you tell me which side of the wheeler the test port is on? I’m going to try to locate that. Mine seems to idle great and even drives ok at first then starts messing up. Would love to test it under load. But this is all new to me so wanna make sure I’m hooking up to the right thing.

Thank you!

·
9,408 Posts
Here ya go Veo. Number 3 in the pic is the fuel rail on the cylinder head. The test port cap is right on the end. Just remove the allen head screw.

Here's also an ebay link for a close up pic of the cap on the end of the fuel rail and a video of how to use it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Sportsman-570-FUEL-INJECTOR-AND-FUEL-RAIL-2521403-2521068/153464280805?epid=871530344&hash=item23bb2f16e5:g:w1YAAOSww4JcwimN

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=how+to+check+fuel+pessure+polaris+570#id=2&vid=9c073ac44ba395bd8cc3aa8fb31d099e&action=click

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
From your original post it sounds like you’re voltage regulator is going. Same happened to my 2017 570. Charges with other machine on trail and it ran, out in new battery and ran for a while, but does again. I think you’re not charging.

·
9,408 Posts
You need to put the fuel line back on. It won't run with it off.
Remove the allen head screw and take the cap (circled) off the END of the fuel rail and hook up the gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok will do. Thanks. That’s where I started and after I took the Allen screw out the cap was on good and was engraved do not remove ha, so I thought I was off. Got it now. Thanks again!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know it’s been a while but I got busy with work and just now getting time to mess with my wheeler really.

So the end cap has teeth on it and I’m not sure how to take it off?

All my local dealers are bad backed up so I think I’m just going to order a pump and start tearing it down to the gas tank and test it there and replace.

I’m not sure anything else it could be I have checked everything else.

Thoughts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts