Polaris ATV Forum banner

Need some input

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  St8er 
#1 ·
I'm fairly new on this forum. I have a 2013 sportsman 500. I want to put 27" zillas on the stock polaris wheels. 27x9x12 on front and 27x11x12 on the back.

Will this be ok without any other upgrades??
If I need upgrades. What do you guys recommend?

Thank you all in advance.

#2 ·
Well first off there may be clearance issues withe the tie rod ends. U might need spacers. Second once u get them on and the tie rods clear if u notice power loss due to the tires u may want to hook up with ridinagain for a QSC clutch kit.

#3 ·
shld be totally fine with clearance. Im running the 26 zillas with 14 inch rims and could have went a couple more inches. I would get a qsc from ridinagain for sure thou

#4 ·
he's using the stock rims with the stock offset. ur aftermarket rims have a greater offset.

#5 ·
But zillas also run small. Thats why i think it will be ok. But correct me if im wrong. There is someone on here running 30 inch zillas with no spacers they say.

#6 ·
You can always flip the tie rod ends if they rub. I would think they will rub. Really any tire over 8"s will rub

#8 ·
#9 ·
I'm just as confused now as I was before

#10 ·
If you stay with 12" rims you will need to buy spacers or new wheels with a wider offset or relocate your tie rod ends under the mount instead of on top (flipping the tie rod ends). The link I put explains how to do it but if you're not mechanically inclined then don't do it because you need to do an alignment after and if not done right your steering will be off.

#11 ·
Any downside if I have to flip the tie rod ends?

#12 ·
The boot will rub on the mount and may cause it to tear. That's what happened to me when I accidentally reinstalled the tie rod end on the bottom one time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Having just installed inners and outers on my 06 800, I am wondering if it wouldn't cause a binding condition, besides chafing the boot...??

#13 ·
Just buy a set of wheel spacers, it will give it a better stance too.

#15 ·
No it didnt seem to bind at all I just just the chafing. But there are tie rod end kits out there without a boot. Not sure how crucial it actually is or just extra protection. I kjow ill be replacing mine soon so I just tie strapped it and coverd it in grease

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#16 ·
To stop the wearing of the boot you simply file the mount to the correct angle that the tie rod end mounts to it. Takes about 2 minutes.

#17 ·
I ended up going with black SS212 wheels with 27" zillas. I'm very happy with my choice. Thanks for all the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.