Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup everyone i brought a scrambler about 2 months ago and everything has been going fine and now recently it has been making a loud noise that sounds almost like whistling and im thinking its the drive belt which i checked recently to see how it was, i found nothing wrong with the belt except i realized it had a lot of slack , is the belt supposed to be tight or is it normal to have slack on it. One more question, can anyone give me steps or something that can guide me in bleeding both front and rear brakes because i use to have a blaster and its not the same so if any one can help out ill greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the belt should have slack, start it with the cover off and drive it. watch what the belt does. To bleed the brakes i go to tractor supply or similar and buy a large syringe. get a piece of hose that fits the zerks to bleed. Fill the syringe with brake fluid and shoot the fluid up through the brake lines into the master cylinder. this is much easier than bleeding them the old way. just watch you dont overflowyourmaster.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Watch you don't catch something in the cluthes if you're driving it without the cover on. If the belt you're using has the ribs around the outside of it, the whistling might be that belt dragging on the cover somewhere?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts