Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiring that runs to my ignition is loose and the wires sometimes fall out, causing my bike to back fire or be unable to start. I need this piece fellas help me out! I need the green piece and the black piece!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Have you contacted Polaris?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Model and year would help...
If the green position assurance lock isn't seated, or won't latch, the terminals will back out of the housing.

I thought Polaris just sold complete harnesses no repair terminals or housings were available. This is one of my pet gripes.

Do they actually sell repair terminals & housings now?

If you can get a picture of a terminal maybe someone can ID the connector family.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's an Metripack 280 connector, I have a few, but try this first. Pull the small green lock out and pull the wires that won't stay locked in out one at a time. There is a small "latch" on the terminal itself. Try using a pocket screw driver to pry the latch up a tiny bit, till it rests higher than the terminal body by a millimeter or so. Then reinsert it into the connector to see if it will lock in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys yeah the bike is a predator 500 2006 troy lee edition. I looked up the wiring harness on polaris webiste and its like $300 but all of my other wiring is fine this is the only problem i have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's an Metripack 280 connector, I have a few, but try this first. Pull the small green lock out and pull the wires that won't stay locked in out one at a time. There is a small "latch" on the terminal itself. Try using a pocket screw driver to pry the latch up a tiny bit, till it rests higher than the terminal body by a millimeter or so. Then reinsert it into the connector to see if it will lock in
I had already tried what you said and that doesnt work, the metal terminal connector that runs from the wire up into the housing, all of them are shot. The wires just fall out no matter how much tape I use or how hard up I push them in. The green lock locks but it doesnt really do anything since the wires just fall out. Im at college right now and will take a picture later today to post on here. Thanks for your help so far guys I greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
so the wire is falling out of the connectors? Replace the connectors. You should be able to get them from places like radio shack.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ThorsHammer is right. They don't need to be the exact same connectors, just the same gauge as the cables. Any quick-connectors will work.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I hate to see you chop up the harness when re-installing the factory plugs is fairly easy. If they are Delphi Metripak 280 connectors you can get the terminals and housings from a bunch of online distributors. The Electrical Depot and Mouser Electronics carry a fair selection of Delphi connectors and they sell to Joe Q Public.

From orbit via Android.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts