Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a photo. Cable bends 90 degrees into throttle box. When searching online for replacement cable they all appear straight (no 90 degree bend). Fixing on a 2006 sportsman 500 EFI (model A06mh50ax). Is the metal bend a separate part or is there somewhere I can order the full replacement? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Most pictures online are a generic one, and not usually model specific. The description usually says something about it and tells you it will include all oem parts. Our if in doubt, remove your old one and take it to the dealer to make sure it's right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. Dealer is a bit of a hike so hoping to buy online. I will probably end up calling a parts dealer to ensure I get the right cable. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The Polaris microfiche shows 2 cables for that year. It depends on the build date. Before or after Jan 16/06.

Browse

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link Clinebo. Think they redesigned throttle connection to remove the 90 degree bend after 1/16/06 which was smart. Hope to find replacement in the links everyone provided. Thanks again for all the support!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Good luck! Sometimes there are mistakes on the microfiche, so you need to check with other sources to be safe before spending your hard earned $$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts