Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need your help! Winch not responding [Solved]

Need your help! [Solved]
My name is Kayax, and I live up north in Canada. (new to this Forum)

This will be the fourth year that I'm using my Polaris 500 X2 to plow the snow (with a Polaris winch and blade).
I didn't have to plow the snow at all this year until today, we got a lot of snow all at once last night, 20"+!

Also I didn't start my ATV all winter until this afternoon, ATV started fine BUT no response from the Winch at all (so can't lift or lower the blade).
*I did left the ATV running for 10 min, and drove it a little, to help charge the battery just in case... but nothing, winch is completely dead... no clicks or anything :(

Right now my house IS NOT accessible by conventional vehicles, only Snowmobile and lifted Jeep can enter... thank god I have a Jeep wrangler.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong with my winch!? [Solved]
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Check all the connections and the switch for corrosion. Also check fuses.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[Solved]

I found the "problem"...
The switch connector was not plugged in to the relay! my dealer disconnected it when servicing my ATV (installed new harness) and forgot to plug it back in!

All along I thought that something was wrong, and when I started checking the wires I was blown away when I found out that it was something so stupid and simple, Well, the good news is that it didn't cost me anything, free "fix".

Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts