Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need a tire upgrade, but also need to add some weight to my rear rack? Any ideas? No, gaining is not an option, 235 is enough. Plowing the snow today was next to impossible, kept turning sideways, crap tires and not enough weight.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Try a couple of sand bags and an atv net sold at Menards for 6 bucks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i use sand bags in a tote strapped to my rear rack have 200lbs in it no issues plowing heavy snow

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd say the sand bags in a tote strapped down would be your cheapest/best bet. But you could also build a custom reciver for your hitch that would hold weight bench round weights!!?? This idea would work like the concept of implement wieghts on a 3 point hitch. Keep the weight low and close to the area you want it to help add traction to the rear drive wheels. This would easily allow you to add or remve the weight (one at a time) without breaking your back in the process, and you wouldn't have a tote possibly sliding around behind you.

Quick thought on the reciever idea.....

1) Pick up a cheap 1.25" reciever (or maybe you have one in the garage):

2) Pick up a 3/4" threaded bolt (8-10" long), a couple washers and nuts to fasten on eye of reciever. Cut head off bolt, and slip a piece of rubber pipe over the bolt (for vibration/noise):

3) Add desired amount of weight!! (From the set inside, in the basement that you dont use :D or fing some cheap on Craig's List):

End result..... somthing like this:

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mustbenice, that is a great idea. I have 3 extra 40 pound suitcase weights that only go on the MF when really needed, usually 5 is enough.

Will grab a hitch from the dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts