Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, now that I got this old project running and most things operational, I've now began to tackle the small stuff. The indicator lights on my 4x4 Trail Boss 1990 350L (W908139 Model #) are acting funky. I, for the life of me, cannot locate the Neutral or Reverse switches. I have a Service Manual which says nothing about their location. I have the proper wiring diagram. The fuel tank, etc is all out of the way to gain access to the wiring. Here's what's happening:

When in Reverse, the Rev light comes on and then goes out as it should when shifting, however, when shifted into L or H, the Rev light comes back on. Tranny shifts and runs just fine, so I figure it's got to be wiring or the switch.

Neutral light never comes on (no 12 vdc to the light, good Ground at the light. Also verified good bulb. No power at the Blade connection where the Grn/W wire connects to at the Terminal board under the headlight/handlebar area. So I'm going after the switch next here as well.

Can anyone give me a good description on the switch locations or even better, shoot me a picture.

Thanks!

Roger

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees....lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All Solved today!

Yup. Remove a tree or two and now I can see the forest.....lol

Neutral light is working now (found a pinched wire).

4x4/reverse light: Long story short, someone (previous owners?) had removed the Reverse Override switch and spliced the purple wire to the Grey wire which caused the R light to come on in Rev, Low, and High. the wire loom for the Override switch was tucked away in the bundle tight. if it weren't for the yellow electrical tape they used to cover it, I may have never come across it. Now I suppose I need to source out an Override switch to install. I didn't even know this quad had one until looking at the wiring diagram.

Sometimes a good nights rest and a fresh start the following day is all it takes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts