Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I hate my 850 to its a shop hog.
I got well over 12,000 into it and 1600 miles and the dealer just gave me 10,000 for it down on my new outlander 1000 should be in in a few weeks :)
Got over $12,000 in it.....rode it for 1600 miles and then got $10,000 out of it......I'd say you did real well.

Now just move on the the CanAm forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
My doctor told me there is no cure. The only treatment is to get out and ride. So I do my best to follow doctors orders. Wouldn't trade my 850 for any other atv made!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My name is John, and I am 850XP aholic.:marchmellow:

My mistress

·
Registered
829 Posts
Another Dave with an 850 Touring and love it. I have to be careful not to spend too much time on it though...I have a terrific wife of 39 years & she deserves my attention also. (Inclement weather is a hard sell or I'd just take her along.) I'll see you all at the next ATVA meeting.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My biggest issues with my XP are lack off time to ride it lately and lack of funds to add another to the stable. I constantly have the wife in my ear wanting to know when we are going to take the machines out again. Heck she has already started planning a trip to either Arkansas or Kentucky for this fall.......Women :hail:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am Brian and I too have a problem! It all started with the purchase of a Black 2011 850 XP EPS.

I hate this thing has gone places in 2wd I never thought it would. I hate when my IRS doesn't bottom out. I really hate the power steering, immense power and 4WD in deep thick mud.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I just got my first XP and I think I will hate on it too...

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I hate my 850 to its a shop hog.
I got well over 12,000 into it and 1600 miles and the dealer just gave me 10,000 for it down on my new outlander 1000 should be in in a few weeks :)
Good luck on your new purchase, But I really dont care to have you posting in MY thread because of your negativity, You have your own threads about why you hate your xp, AND WE ARE ALL SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT, WE GET IT , YOU HATE YOUR XP, SO MOVE ON. As a matter of fact, you my friend lol, are part of the reason I started this whole Thread. I was so sick of hearing about how some people who beat the crap out of their bikes are pissed off at Polaris because its not bullet proof.
ALL atvs have problems, Trust me I belong to every atv forum, The can am have their issues too, as well as A/C, and Yamaha , yada yada yada. This thread is not open for a debate on your thoughts of the 850xp. If you want a debate open a new thread, and I will chime in. Thanks have a nice day!:cowboy:
Well said!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My biggest issues with my XP are lack off time to ride it lately and lack of funds to add another to the stable. I constantly have the wife in my ear wanting to know when we are going to take the machines out again. Heck she has already started planning a trip to either Arkansas or Kentucky for this fall.......Women :hail:

Hello my name is Joe and I to am addicted to my 850 xp. Fishy where do you come in Arkansas to ride?

·
Registered
487 Posts
My name is John, and I am 850XP aholic.:marchmellow:

My mistress

Nothing better than a scene like this. Enjoying the outdoors with friends. I suppose the wilderness is our "crackhouse" lol!

·
Registered
385 Posts

Fishy where do you come in Arkansas to ride?
Have never ridden in Arkansas or Kentucky thus far. I think we are looking at the Mill Creek or Wolf Pen Gap areas in Arkansas or Harlan County Kentucky area.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My new addiction, this was after the first ride!! oops... got it a little dirty, that took me 2.5 hours to clean... That crap was like cement... (Sorry about the crappy CA in the backround, this was the only pic I took of it super dirty...)

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
my friends dont like riding with me any more. They say I have to much power and ground clearance and cant go where I do it gets them mad. On the other hand it sits with all a arm bushing destroyed worn ball joints and no brakes. Not the most durable machince but wow alot of fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow,quite a story! I think I am in the boat with a twist. rode a buddy's 2009 850 and now I HAVE to buy something!! I ordered 27" swamplite reptiles from my Polaris dealer now I have to buy a quad to match the tires!! 550,550 with EPS,850, 850 with EPS!?!? Help, cant sleep at night! Cant make the squirrel cage in my to stop turning!? Any advise would help...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello guys and girls,
have just had bad experience with one of my customers 850 XP EPS, 2011 with just 22 hours.
His left rear wheel has moved forward app. 3-4 cm....
It shows by closer look, that the front bracket of the Left Lower A-arm has bad weldings. No penetration down in to the frame tube, so the bracket has bended/leaned inwards against the Rear Diff Housing...!
He wondered, why it had started pulling to the left and we investigated his Toe Out and found the rear wheel problem.
He has called a near by friend, also with a 2011 his has excact same problem.
To explain, my customer is a very experienced Polaris driver started with a 300, next a 500 and now his second 850 XP. But he has suffered many small things with his new 850 that the hammer hit the nail with the bad quality of the weldings....
They are both shifting to Outlander 1000 XT. Both regretably to shift from Polaris, as they have had many fantastic hours on a Sportsman, but now have had it with all the problems they have suffered.
They dare not go to a 2012 and have it standing at the dealer for warranty repairs.
We go from Denmark to Poland, app. 800 km to go off-road rallying, a 3-5 days event with app. 100-150 km/day.
But is now more than you see in the commercials from Polaris, but looks like the newer 850's are not constructed/designed for such driving.
My own 2010 850 XP EPS has app. 100 hours and needs:
all new ball joints, looking for Heavy Duty or racing ones, but no luck
all new front bushings of shocks
all new steering rod ends (have got American Star Racing reinforced ones)
New Air breather kit, parts from 2012. To avoid engine oil in Intake Box.
I like my 850 and will not replace it with anything....!

Best regards from Denmark.
Great site.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My buddy has had many problems with the 1000 already (new tie rod, both headlights 2-3 times and now the winch does not work) so I say good luck to them, I think if you ride them hard you are going to have issues, and the nice thing is this forum really helps everyone communicate high wear items to keep an eye on...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hello guys and girls,
have just had bad experience with one of my customers 850 XP EPS, 2011 with just 22 hours.
His left rear wheel has moved forward app. 3-4 cm....
It shows by closer look, that the front bracket of the Left Lower A-arm has bad weldings. No penetration down in to the frame tube, so the bracket has bended/leaned inwards against the Rear Diff Housing...!
He wondered, why it had started pulling to the left and we investigated his Toe Out and found the rear wheel problem.
He has called a near by friend, also with a 2011 his has excact same problem.
To explain, my customer is a very experienced Polaris driver started with a 300, next a 500 and now his second 850 XP. But he has suffered many small things with his new 850 that the hammer hit the nail with the bad quality of the weldings....
They are both shifting to Outlander 1000 XT. Both regrettably to shift from Polaris, as they have had many fantastic hours on a Sportsman, but now have had it with all the problems they have suffered.
They dare not go to a 2012 and have it standing at the dealer for warranty repairs.
We go from Denmark to Poland, app. 800 km to go off-road rallying, a 3-5 days event with app. 100-150 km/day.
But is now more than you see in the commercials from Polaris, but looks like the newer 850's are not constructed/designed for such driving.
My own 2010 850 XP EPS has app. 100 hours and needs:
all new ball joints, looking for Heavy Duty or racing ones, but no luck
all new front bushings of shocks
all new steering rod ends (have got American Star Racing reinforced ones)
New Air breather kit, parts from 2012. To avoid engine oil in Intake Box.
I like my 850 and will not replace it with anything....!

Best regards from Denmark.
Great site.
yep just sold my 850 for a 1000. I dont think any one has ever had the amount of problems I have. my dad rides the same as I do and he has not had any major problems but alot of small ones besides EPS going out.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts