Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 1 1/4" box type 3 way hitch for my Polaris. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did you get that from, i've been looking for the same thing but can only find it in 2"

·
Registered
86 Posts
More of a universal set-up then the standard hitch. I have never seen a side mount hitch. Interesting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone looking for one shot me a PM. They are made in Chicago.
Just an FYI. I think the PM function has been disabled due to the recent spam.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These hitches are sweet! I just used mine today to pull out some large logs with the tow hoop and then hooked up my lawn trailer to move some smaller pieces. Then I took my 3 place trailer and pulled it over to pick up all the branches. All I had to do is turn it. Great all in one unit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My Sportsman 400 has the 1.25 hitch with the 1/2" pin hole. Some of the 1.25 things have a 5/8" pin. Would it hurt to drill out my receiver to the 5/8" hole size?

·
Registered
455 Posts
My Sportsman 400 has the 1.25 hitch with the 1/2" pin hole. Some of the 1.25 things have a 5/8" pin. Would it hurt to drill out my receiver to the 5/8" hole size?
Shouldn't hurt anything, it's only 1/8" difference, so that 1/16" of material being removed.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I need one of these so bad. Have to scoop one in the spring.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This Receiver Really is Built for Abuse..

When we purchased our 2010 800, these receivers were not being sold yet so I went the long route. I had to buy two receivers, One for the trailer and a second receiver for the disk when we do food plots. This fall a friend of mine came up to help me with the food plots. In our case, I unload the wheeler and pull the same trailer out to the field. He in turn pulled out the sprayer. When I went back to get the disk, I realized that my other receiver was on our 500 that was at home. After 20 min of trying to remove my ball hitch, my friends pulls up with his wheeler, flips his receiver one turn and pull out the disk.

I later find out that his brother who lives out east purchased this receiver from someplace in WI and sent it to him for his birthday. Now the joke was on me because I read this forum all the time and he doesn't so as he talles mea bout this guy who had a great idea, I just sat and listened.

I must have spent something like $60.00 on balls and receivers and when it finally came down to it, I would have been by myself, I would have been screwed because here I was 70 miles from home and I couldn’t removed the ball on my receiver.

If you are looking for a receiver for your wheeler, I honestly would give this one a good thought. With one receiver, we pulled out the trailer, disk up 15 acres and later hooked a tow strap up to the link and we pulled out several long and one good size brush pile. At the end of the day my buddy connects up his trailer and we went back to the truck. He drives back with a big smile while I drive back with pie on my face.

Dear Santa, If you happen to read this…… HINT!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, I bought the one I was looking at from the local farm supply store. It was a Mad Dog brand on clearance for $25. The box said 5/8" hitch pin included
but when I got it home it was 1/2" which is just what I needed. So, no drilling out the hole. I also saw the same one listed on Coleman products ATV stuff for $12.
The Mad Dog is kind of like Thors picture but no flipping it around to use all 3 types. The smaller hole for pulling small garden trailers, etc is the very end hole
and the ball hole is the next hole. The loops are on the sides for hooking chain, etc.

There ya go.

·
Registered
353 Posts
can you put a 2" ball on that setup?

3 Way ATV Hitch 1 1/4" Box type
Found it at theatvsuperstore.com
They talk of a 1 7/8" ball. Could you put a 2" ball on it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, the hole size is 3/4". 2" balls are 1" I believe.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hitch Pic

Here is a picture of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
You can buy 2" balls with a 3/4" shank.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts