Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I like to read the forum to see what people think of the polaris machines but most people only come on here to complain or find a fix, which does make sense but I'm making this threat to hear about the positives!
Tell me about how much you love your sportsman!
I've had mine for 4 days now and i can't believe how fast this thing is, it's absolutely ridiculous!
Also, the seat, suspension, and power steering is soooo nice on the trails.

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to know! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
I've had my Sportsman 570 a little over a year now and love it! Don't get to ride as much as I would like to though.
No problems with it yet, except for the excessive heat from the exhaust, not that big of a deal.
The 570 has plenty of power & speed for me, and the ride is very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I really enjoy my 1000 Sportsman, with over a 1000 miles, yes I had a few Problems that Polaris took care of in the same week that I took it there, but that darn thing is Fast and rides and corners like no other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you gone in any deep mud? I'm concerned about the location of the radiator, I don't want to be the guy stuck in the back because i keep over heating!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
nope do not do deep water or mud, they are just not made for it in the long run

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I love being the Devils advocate for the XP line. 99% of the people who bitch about parts wearing are abusing it.

I am at 1200 miles, and have changed:
- The plugs (NGKs are just better)
- one wheel bearing

And thats it! Pretty decent I would say!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
^I agree. Most stuff that's broke or failed on any of my Polaris machines was self-inflected. The only one that gave me a little bit of trouble was my Ranger right away when I got it and it was taken care of in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
so far so good haven't had it long 2 weekends 3.8 hrs of run time and 73kms travel time but i think its good. One thing i do know is its fast

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I love being the Devils advocate for the XP line. 99% of the people who bitch about parts wearing are abusing it.

I am at 1200 miles, and have changed:
- The plugs (NGKs are just better)
- one wheel bearing

And thats it! Pretty decent I would say!
I am going to disagree with this statement. Not saying people don't abuse them because a lot of people do. I have never abused mine and I avoid the mud like the plague and my XP has been nothing but a maintenance nightmare. My friend has an XP also and his has been exactly the same. I should not have to spend the money I have just to trail ride an XP. My value lines have been maintenance free and I can ride them without any worry of something going wrong. When bearings and ball joints are a dealers best seller for XP's and forum members are starting to make their own parts to fix the XP's problems something is wrong. I sit here and listen to people say I have a 2012 with 700 miles on it and all is good. Put some miles on it then get back with us and let us know. When mine hit 1600 miles it went downhill from there.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
there are a few common issues that they are plagued which are a result of poor design and have nothing to do with being self inflicted by the owner. the crank issues are a common thing but have since been resolved by polaris. the throttle position sensor is a very common one that has yet to be resolved. the front diff issue is another area where they seem to have gone backwards with as i'm seeing more 2015s having the front diff grenade than any previous year. there are a few more issues they are known for but you get the point. there also doesn't seem to be any consistency in build quality. i know guys who has thousands of trouble free miles and some who had nothing but problems with theirs while both maintain their stuff properly and neither abuse their rides. polaris really needs to step up their game in build quality. some will defend them saying 850 and 1000cc machines make a lot of power and will break stuff more often. imo, they should be building them to hold up to the power they make. those who haven't had any major issues will have nothing but good to say about polaris whole those who have nothing but problems will complain often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts