Polaris ATV Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
winch was about $500 and welcome to the world of taxes.
Let's try the math again:
$4,999 sale price
+500. Winch
+1,299.74 Sales Tax (26% tax rate?)
________
$6,800 out the door

Still doesn't sound right.
Some dealers are different. There were probably filing processing paperwork fees. Stocking. assembly. My dealer was gonna charge to install a bolt on winch. $100. It coulda been anything. Just saying. I know math. He pry does to. Damn man. Come on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
got the 570 but intended to get the ETX...

Interesting stuff in this thread...I was intending on getting the ETX for my wife as it seemed to be the right fit but we couldn't find one...decided to go with the 570 because we where offered a pretty good deal (5299 USD)....I'm happy with our purchase but I gotta admit when I see all the positive ETX feedback from the owners and the many horror stories from the 570 owners It makes me a little uneasy...hope this all works out...wish you all the best with whatever machine you're riding because in the end as long as you're riding it's all good!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Interesting stuff in this thread...I was intending on getting the ETX for my wife as it seemed to be the right fit but we couldn't find one...decided to go with the 570 because we where offered a pretty good deal (5299 USD)....I'm happy with our purchase but I gotta admit when I see all the positive ETX feedback from the owners and the many horror stories from the 570 owners It makes me a little uneasy...hope this all works out...wish you all the best with whatever machine you're riding because in the end as long as you're riding it's all good!
Agreed!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know this is an older thread but we are looking at an ETX to replace my wife's Trailblazer 330. Found one for $4600 OTD. She has no desire for the added power a 570 offers as she's managed just fine for the last 2 riding seasons on the 330. A 17+ HP gain, AWD, and IRS have basically sealed the deal for her.
She's test rode one and is completely fine with what it offers. Knowing that the power is comparable to her father's 2011 Sportsman 400 and that manages the blues at Hatfield McCoy is all we're after. She tried a couple blues in July with the 330 and basically ran out of steam towards the top of steeper climbs. Hopefully she makes a decision today so I can call and put the deposit on it!
I'm not going to lie I'm excited for her to get a quad that is not the limiting factor in our trail riding trips.

·
Registered
319 Posts
She will love the etx. More comparable to the older 500 though. Plenty of power with some to spare for me. Want another for my wife.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Battery Re-Location kit

Anyone know if they sell a battery re-location kit for the 2015's ETX (325), I just realized that the Polaris engineering team must have gotten their degrees from a cereal box. The ETX battery is located on the lowest part of the frame rubbing up against the front drive shaft, does not bode well for going thru water and mud is my guess. Just a head scratcher!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah ok thats lovely ... not being an electrical engineer but the placement of the battery is just plain crazy!

My concerns
1) A submerged battery will short out sooner or later
2) My driveshaft has a clean spot where its been rubbing up againhst the battery.

Just looking for a re-location kit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Other than a simple adjustment to secondary clutch 2" leveling kit and 26" 8ply tires and slightly modified stock muffler the drive train is all factory. Solid machine with surprising power.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not that I know of on the relocate kit. Find older Polaris where it's in left rear fender well. Cut it off. Weld it to yours and extend wires back to there. Still gonna get wet. The batteries are sealed. Except the vent tube. Does your starter wire get wet. Same wire that goes to battery. It don't short out. And if your shaft is running it something is wrong. I'd see your dealer.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Yeah ok thats lovely ... not being an electrical engineer but the placement of the battery is just plain crazy!

My concerns
1) A submerged battery will short out sooner or later
2) My driveshaft has a clean spot where its been rubbing up againhst the battery.

Just looking for a re-location kit.
not being an electrical engineer, you've got no clue what you're talking about. The placement of the battery (a sealed unit) is perfect, as it helps keep the center of gravity low, and puts more weight forward getting it closer to centered between the tires. this is great for accent/decent, side hills, and launch. the battery, and all it's wiring will be fine down there. it's protected from impact by the frame, and it won't be harmed if it gets a little water or mud on it.

If your battery has been rubbing on the driveshaft it's not installed properly. Either it's not mounted right, or it's not the right battery. The only other person to post about battery rubbing on the shaft had a 570 and it was because the dealer had installed the wrong battery during dealer set up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well I did it, couple weeks ago I rolled my etx turning around on a dirt road. I goosed the throttle she caught an edge and over we went. As a result I bent a bracket on the front cargo rack, broke some plastics off the the rear rack (fixable), got some rocks in the bead of a tire, and snapped the throttle lever clean off (fixed). I'm kind of blown away but not surprised to find that polaris makes a break point on the lever but does not service the part alone. Instead you have to buy the entire unit for $92!!!! Some glue a piece of aluminum sheeting and qbond I can stand on my new/used lever. It's beginning to snow in the mountains here in oregon I can't wait to go out and play soon!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
You wanna play, you gotta pay.

Wow that's a lot of damage for a simple power-turn flip on a dirt road. In the old days you would just stick your foot out and keep it from going over. These new quads are just too heavy, bulky, and top-heavy corky. Center of gravity is too high to have any real fun with them.

Glad you're ok!:popworm:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would say 90% of the rollovers I see are from people doing donuts then catching an edge and going over.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would say 90% of the rollovers I see are from people doing donuts then catching an edge and going over.
This is kind of what happened, it was a tight dirt road and I was having fun with it, I hammered the throttle to pitch her sideways and like I said caught an edge and over we went. There was definitely no sticking a foot out to stop it. And yes thank you Im glad I was ok too.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts