Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After much debate and looking I landed on the Sportsman 850. I was able to get a closeout model for an extremely good price. Now i'm looking to upgrade the stock tires and am having issues choosing which ones to go with. I'm currently debating between the AMS Slingshot XT and the Pro Armor Daggers. The problem with the Daggers is that there are NO reviews and very little talk on the internet about them. LINK TO MORE DETAILS ON MY DELEMA HERE https://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-wheels-tires/181125-ams-slingshot-xt-pro-armor-daggers.html

Was able to use it a few time son the ice this year for fishing, but cant wait to get it out on the trails and later this year a trip to the Sand Dunes.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put Sedona Ripsaws on my 2018 850 and have been very happy with them. Much more confident with them than the stock tires. I put Bear Claws on my son's 2018 450 and have been happy with those as well. The Ripsaws are much more meatier though.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum! I got my 850 last fall and I love it!

I had the Rip Saws on my 600 and was very happy with them. I put Bear Claw HTRs on the wife's 500 and now on my 850. Hers are a couple years old and have lasted very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking about the HTR's as well. I saw them on the 2018 shootout and they performed well. I just seem to like the light weight of the Slingshot better, but those Daggers are sexy as hell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would also recommend that you change the front Diff Plate. I bought 2 850 sportsman 5 months ago and i have had both front Diff Plate crack or just break off one has been in the shop 2 times. I have put CECCO Racing Diff Plate and so far no more trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also recommend that you change the front Diff Plate. I bought 2 850 sportsman 5 months ago and i have had both front Diff Plate crack or just break off one has been in the shop 2 times. I have put CECCO Racing Diff Plate and so far no more trouble.

Would you happen to have a link to the part number?

·
Registered
815 Posts

Would you happen to have a link to the part number?

This is the part. https://cecco-racing.myshopify.com/products/updated-short-billet-pinion-cover-2013-16-scrambler-and-2015-16-sportsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts

I think the 18's have the new front diff plate made of steel. 17's and older were aluminium. I know my 18
xp 1000 has a steel differential cover. I am not 100% on the 850 but it is easy to check with a magnet. If it is steel and you change it anyway,send me a pm. I will take your old one. I need one for my 15 850.

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts