Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this 1991 trail boss 350l 4x4 off of a trade not running it needed the cylinder hoaned, now that I have everything ready to reassemble I am concerned about the oil injection.
My buddy who has been helping me with it has been telling me to prevent any issue in the future to delete the oil injection, I would prefer not to due to convenience.
What I want to know is how reliable is the oil injection on that model, or if there is anyway I could test how well the injection works.
Finally got my first 4 wheeler and I want it to last!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beings you really dont know any of the history of the machine and how well maintained it was I would delete the oil injection. Its very easy to mix the oil. Knowing my machine I still mix a little oil with the gas right in the tank you will never know when the oil pump will go out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
These oil pumps don't go out all that often. If you really want to keep it, pull the feed line off the intake and turn the motor over, you will see oil spitting out if its working.

I would say the biggest thing to keep an eye on would be your water pump. the seals/water pump shafts are known to go bad on these. I found this out after rebuilding my top end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 91 trail boss 250 on mine the oil injection pieces are missing. Is there anyone that mite have pics on how to put it all back together

1 - 7 of 7 Posts