Polaris ATV Forum banner

New 550 XP owner (Canada)

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Dropsix 
#1 ·
Hey guys, picked up a 2010 550 XP with 900 miles on it today.

Knew the rims were the wrong offset but purchased anyway since it was still a great deal.

Now, what I would like to do is sell these rims and tires and go back to something more stock.

Can anyone give me any information on these rims? Tires are Vision Trailfinders (Radials)

Looking forward to learning and chatting about these great Polaris ATV's!

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
those rims are stock they have the polaris sign right on them, people go to deeper rim offset to add wider tires those are 5+1 5" inside 1" outside. people, like myself upgrade to a 7" wide rim 4+3 offset and tires stick out wider

#8 ·
if there 14" the xp models do if there 12" value line, but i dont think 12" fit on xp's because they have bigger brake calipers

#9 ·
Front OEM Wheels and Tires

Weight = 30.25 Lbs

Size = 14" X 6"

Offset = 5/1

Rear OEM Wheels and Tires

Weight = 35.7 Lbs

Size = 14" x 8"

Offset = 7/1

do you have 2 8" rims possibly?? thats the only thing i could see making your offset off.

#14 ·
All Stock RZR 800, RZR 570, RZR S, RZR 4, RZR XP, and RZR XP4 (LE or not) factory wheels are:

Front: 12x6 4+2 offset or 4/2
Rear: 12x8 6+2 offset or 6/2

found this turns out there rzr wheels, simple enough, if you want to go to stock you should make sure you can fit a 10" front tire on stock rim offset. also there arent to many rims with stock offset, you'll have more of a selection with 4+3

#18 ·
those are 14" rims 12s dont fit the xp

#20 ·
are the offsets and widths the same as what i stated above to confirm there rzr rims??? just curious

#23 ·
They could be rims that some one bought from Polaris that are not stock offset. Polaris still sales rims that have Polaris center caps but are not stock.

OP, stock rims w/stock offset will be " antikick back " steering wise. Much, much nicer trail ride. This is accomplished because the steering knuckle is on the wheel's centerline with the stock offset.

Ride your bike with the rims you have. As you hit obstacles, you'll notice the handle bars jerking side to side. It may not be as noticeable in the snow.

With stock rims, no kick back, much less fatiguing. You can ride all day and not be tired or " beat up ".

#25 · (Edited)
If you ride a lot or on very long rides the lack of kick back is very well worth it. Even short rides are much more pleasant. Why not just go ahead and get stock offset ? I think STI (HD3?) has some with Polaris offset and their new rim (HD4?) is supposed to get it after the new year sometime. Or you could get a Polaris wheel with stock offset.

Just a thought.

Maybe your current rims won't kick back much. Time will tell.

Nice looking ride by the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.