Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on the forums. I thought I would pop in and say thanks for all of the useful information. I have been shopping for an ATV for some time and finally decided to pull the trigger. I will be picking up a Sportsman 570 tomorrow.

I am in SE Michigan (Clarkston) and plan to use it for plowing and small jobs around the property. My drive is 125' long and five cars wide at the top (narrows at bottom). Plus, the county rarely plows the road I live on and it can be very difficult to navigate in deep snow since we live at the top of a long hill. I would like to be able to create a path so that my wife and neighbors can get up the hill in bad weather (I have a Jeep I drive in heavy snow, so it never really bothers me ;) ).

I also plan to do some trail riding. I have a couple of friends who ride, but I hope to meet up with some other riders in the area who know the trails. Does anyone know of any clubs in the area?

I decided to go with a 60" Warn Provantage plow blade and a Warn winch with KFI mount.

Are there any other accessories people can recommend? I am looking for some mirrors and rack accessories if anyone has any suggestions.

Again, thanks to everyone here for all of the information that helped me make my final decision.

Nick

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
front bumper. just picked up a 570 for the woman on friday. she ran over a small tree and cracked the plastic for the front rack. Im guessing thats what it was from at least

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
front bumper. just picked up a 570 for the woman on friday. she ran over a small tree and cracked the plastic for the front rack. Im guessing thats what it was from at least
Thanks. I saw the Viking bumpers. Are there any other bumpers you would suggest looking at?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use mine to plow here in sw Michigan myself. I love it! I would say tires are something that need upgraded. They do well but could be a little more aggressive. And yes, front and rear brush guards, Bison has a nice setup.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
May want to check out your cv inlet as well. the boot between the shroud and cvt inlet. mine had one zip tie holding the boot tight

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey I am a new owner myself. Just purchased one today will pick it up on Saturday morning. Having racks and a winch put on. I am sure there will be more but this is where I'll start.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got mine yesterday as planned. Even with a 10 degree windchill, I still rode it around for about 20 minutes. Even with the cold, I had a permanent grin on my face the entire time. This is such an amazing machine. I can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can fully enjoy it.

I bought a few accessories with it since they gave me 20% off with the purchase of an ATV, but will install them myself since not everything was in stock and I live 2 hours away from the dealer. They are going to ship them directly to me.

I ended up getting the front and rear rack extenders, the Polaris box with back rest and side bags, the hand guards and a low windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts