Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted due to selling my HO last year but I have been looking at getting back into it. Really like the 570's and am going to the dealer this weekend to see one in person. Never bought a new ATV before and am worried about getting screwed on price. What is considered a good deal on one of these things out the door? I'm looking at the base model 570, don't need power steering.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
im pretty sure ive seen a few guys on here get them OTD for around 5700. kinda depends on your dealer, some seem to work on the price, some stick to MSRP.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've seen 5700-5900 OTD, but dealers around me have been asking MSRP of $6499 for non EPS model. I paid 6299, 6700 OTD. Guess it all depends how much your dealers are willing to drop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
5700 otd including taxes? I just bought one for 5800 OTD plus mass state tax. and looked around a bit. Thought I did pretty good. Looks like i could have done alot better.

Even assuming a 6% sales tax... 5700 is really 5350. That's 1,150 off MSRP! That is a great deal! Where are these dealers? I bet I could sell mine used in the spring for that and get a new one next year

·
Registered
422 Posts
I shopped around and no one within 100 miles of me was offering such great deals.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not sure. Someone had it posted up. Also look at ebay

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I've seen 5700-5900 OTD, but dealers around me have been asking MSRP of $6499 for non EPS model. I paid 6299, 6700 OTD. Guess it all depends how much your dealers are willing to drop.
where did you see 5700 OTD? what part of the country?
where abouts in MA steve? and which dealer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Call marc for the best polaris prices 423-238-4321 $5399 out the door not trying to advertise but dont let your local dealer get one over on you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Call marc for the best polaris prices 423-238-4321 $5399 out the door not trying to advertise but dont let your local dealer get one over on you
wow great price! too late for me, wish i had this info a few weeks ago. Not cost effective to buy in Alabama, but could have been a nice negotiating tool.

@LS6 i am from boston, but drove to way out to newboston crane and sled to buy it. None of the real local dealer wanted to touch the price.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ah ok, I'm down in Taunton, took me 4 hours, but I got MOMS to throw in $700 in accessories when I bought my 850, along with the $1000 rebate. Granted it was technically last years model at that point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great information guys. Now at least I have an idea what's considered a good deal or a great deal. I will probably wait until the spring to buy anything unless I find an amazing deal. Still going to my local dealer tomorrow to see them up close and get a feel for the dealer. Alabama is not that far for me so that would be worth looking into.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kind of doubt that price is OTD as well. Still seems really good if they are only adding taxes to it and not some other BS fee.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I kind of doubt that price is OTD as well. Still seems really good if they are only adding taxes to it and not some other BS fee.
I was thinking the same thing. It's a trick car dealer are notorious for. Reel ya in with a good price then slam ya with BS fees

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
i seriously doubt that's an otd price. Maybe before taxes and setup
here in tn we can only collect taxes from tn residents due to federal regulations so tn residents pay$5912.41 $5399.00 is for out of tn residents yes its out the door we charge no fees nor do we play games we just sale atv's thanks guys
Like I said, The $5399.00 570 was originally in Alabama, and now you talk about being in Tennessee. But your claim is very shady because the OTD price you quote is only for out of state customers, and that is not a good definition for anyone that walks in to buy. OTD means OTD for anyone, not just your out of state customers

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
here in tn we can only collect taxes from tn residents due to federal regulations so tn residents pay$5912.41 $5399.00 is for out of tn residents yes its out the door we charge no fees nor do we play games we just sale atv's thanks guys
Where are you located in Tennessee. Your phone number looks like East Tennessee to me

·
Registered
422 Posts
Where are you located in Tennessee. Your phone number looks like East Tennessee to me
This is what I came up with, with the ph# provided

V P Powersports Inc

6101 Mountain View Rd Ste 4
Ooltewah, TN 37363
(423) 238-4321

EDIT- apparently VP Closed up shop and is now Pro X Powersports(per VP's Facebook page)
Here>> https://www.facebook.com/vppowersports2012

1 - 20 of 55 Posts