Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new sportsman 570 eps first of the year. I have 215 miles on it. While riding last night in 3 feet deep of snow and my atv shut off twice. I thought it was just me bumping the key or something but my buddy bought a 570 tour and his shut off 4 times.it is dangerous because it usually happens when climbing a hill and you are committed.Im wondering if since they moved the battery into the front of the frame uncovered it is shorting out because when I went to restart it, the headlight dimed down and the starter just clicked. Waited 3 second s and it restarted and away I went. It is very confusing because I know if I take it to the dealer they will keep it two weeks n say they cant find anything wrong with it.My buddys is doing it more than mine. I wonder if they have a bulletin or something to let us know a fix for this problem.Maybe the cooling fan is getting pluged with snow making the safety overheat sensor shutting it off . Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
There is no bulletin BUT I could about guarantee Polaris is aware of the issues the 570 has been having. You and your buddy are not alone.

Was your temperature light coming on? If not then that would eliminate the plugged fan which shouldn't shut down the atv completely anways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you so much for this post. I had the 570 for approximately 2 days and it died on me twice in flat ground with no snow. I told the shop about the issue and they told me I was probably hitting the kill switch. I know that I was not doing this, but if you would like to read more about the incident I put mine under the 570 forum. Basically what it says is that my 570 died four times in less than a week with about 100 miles on it. The last time was on a hill and it rolled on me. The shop says they can not find any issues with it and they are not going to be responsible for it even though they sold it to me. I was told to go through Polaris now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... love the quad but it is scary not having a pull start back up n no push start if it wont restart. Not a good feeling trespassing in the back of a gravel pit with a dead quad n 3 feet of snow . Oh yea and buddy's 570 doing the same thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you guys attempted to advise Polaris of the issue? I don't think I should have to put this into my insurance company because of a faulty machine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet...happen last night , but monday im gonna chat with dealer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are you sure it is not the key shutting off because of the key chain hitting the plastics and turning off. I had this problem with my 2011 & also my 2013. I took off the plastic key chain and replaced with a soft leather one, thinking it would solve the problem but it still caught and turned the key. Once I replaced it with a rubber O-ring I have had no problems. If you have already removed the solid key chain holder then that is not the problem. Just thought I would bring it up once more because others have had this problem. I know I could not believe that the soft leather one would catch, but I was like you and had it stop a couple of times when in a dangerous spot. Not too funny. Hope you get it fixed. Try it with just the bare key in ignition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I am sure it's not the key ring because it did it the first weekend I had it twice and all I had was the single key in it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yep, silicon key fob would cause mine to shut off too. Changed it for para-cord and it hasn't happened since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ive had a 570 since about november i have about 29.5 hours on it. I has died about 8 times since i have had it. But it has not died for more than a month now. all I did is I took the thing the key came with from the dealer( a #1 plastic thing) and it hasnt died. I hooked up my go pro fuocused on my key and what was happening is the #1 thing was pushinG my key almost to the off position but it would kill the whole machine, turned key and up she goes. ever since I took the thing of it hasnt done it. but hopefuly mine does not start doing it otherwise. x(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep, silicon key fob would cause mine to shut off too. Changed it for para-cord and it hasn't happened since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Agree 100%. I have the exact experience when using my spare key. It's on a small rubber coiled keychain with one other small key. If I turn right and then return the handlebars to center it will turn off the 570 every time. The first time it happened, my 1st thought was WTF! After realizing it was operator error, I now only use my primary key with just a short piece of Para-cord attached. I also loop the cord around the handle bar so that if I were to forget to remove the key when trailering it stays with the ATV.

Note: The black plastic around the 570's primary key can act like a parachute and magically remove it while trailering if its left in the ignition.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
^Yep that'll do it

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I had it happen as well with the dealer supplied key chain that had their rubber logo. The key wouldn't actually turn to off, but would get turned enough to shut the machine down then spring back to the run position.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The black #1 key ring you are talking about is that the one polaris provided?
the #1 one tag comes from the dealer.. it just has there phone #, and whatever else on it. I just recommend using the polaris key with nothing else on it except the rubber shroud on it.

BTW Anton, where in michigan are you?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I already lost my first key and I only had the wheeler for 3 1/2 months:suspect:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to everyone who has posted a comment. I have removed the dealer rubber key chain and now waiting for the next ride for the outcome.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts