Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just wanted to throw out some information in case it can help anyone else out about mounting the Polaris 2500 winch on the new 570 Touring. I bought the Polaris 2500 winch from the dealer when I bought the machine, but I opted to install myself to save a little $ and get to know my machine more intimately. Overall, it was not too bad of a job, however I ran into a problem with wire length from the battery to the contactor. The only way to make the included wires reach between the two was to route them directly around the radiator. I did this, but after sleeping on it, decided that a hot metal radiator rubbing on an un-fused power cable during a ride to the top of a mountain had "Bad-Idea" written all over it. I had to dig up some other wire that I had in order to route it out and around the radiator where it would not rub on anything anymore. The instructions that came with the winch were more of a "guide" for someone who has done it before than detailed 1st time instructions. They did not accurately reflect the layout of the new 570 either. Although the winch itself mounted easily, the wiring took a little bit more effort. The contactor mounts directly in front of the radiator above the winch, at least that is the only place that I could find the correctly spaced holes to place it. The battery is on the lowest part of the frame directly below the fuel tank. I must say, however, that the winch functions flawlessly and I am very happy with it now. Hopefully this can help somebody else.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the non-touring model, not sure how much difference there is. I didn't have any problems, I routed the wire straight up from the end of the winch in front of the radiator through an opening, then I router the wire through the drain plug in the bottom of my box and mounted the connector box inside there. Caulked up the holes (2 of the 10 awg wires through each drain hole). Not saying it was the best option, but I don't really feel like I lost any real storage space the way I mounted it. If you want pictures I can take some tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts