Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 570. Just now reading about the break in after riding it for 2 or 3 hours apparently the time you are supposed to be taking it easy. Nice to know! I mostly road it around trails and back roads from 1-40 mph but did get it up to 50-60 for a few seconds.

What benefits are there to taking it to the dealer at 25 hours? I got a coupon for 'only 80 dollars' labor and I'm sure far more than that in material. But from the manual you only change oil. You check the front and rear fluids. According to the manual you don't even change these. Would doing it myself void or question the warranty?

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
262 Posts
You can do it yourself without voiding the warranty, but I would buy and use the Polaris oil change kit during the brief warranty.

·
Premium Member
9,910 Posts
So the manual basically describes break in procedures. No more then 3/4 throttle, vary throttle input, and no extended idling for the first ten hours. I would change the oil with in the first 10-20hrs. It also needs to be greased.

Reactions: Snowchaser and MrEd

·
Registered
262 Posts
So the manual basically describes break in procedures. No more then 3/4 throttle, vary throttle input, and no extended idling for the first ten hours. I would change the oil with in the first 10-20hrs. It also needs to be greased.
YES!! Definitely grease! My 850 came from factory with some grease points empty, was deceiving because there was a dab of grease on the zerks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The manual makes it sound like you are doomed if you don't follow just the right procedure. With a few exceptions I was under 3/4 throttle. At least I wasn't idling much. Probably the people with trouble have wayyyy to much fun oon their new machine.

I will youtube all the lube points and buy the official oil kit.

Any rec for oil for subsequent oil change.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For post warranty oil changes, go with the OEM recommendations, I believe 5-50 100% synthetic. As for Brand/quality go with what your wallet and personality tell you. My whole life I’ve used the best most reasonably priced synthetic oils I could find. I am using Amsoil in mine, but there’s lots of good oils out there that cost less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts