Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,
as mentioned in my first ever thread here i have a question (which i added another one so they became actually two right now). since english isnt my native language please be patient with my spelling. :)

i recently got my first polaris scrambler 1000. i'd like to ask if anyone can suggest some gear items.

1. i'm looking for some kind of bag. my scrambler has a rear bumber which was told to be somekind of roll-over bar actually and its look seems to verify this because its pretty massive. long term short there isnt space left to mount a rack. i'm looking for a water and dust proof soft case to fix it on top at my rear. i dont need much volume, just a few litres for snacks, a bottle of water or two and some utilitiy tools (so lets say 20 to 30 litres should be fine, maybe even smaller). i dont need a original polaris case and would prefer an easy fitting :) but it must be reliable enough to not get lost when entering the outback.
2. another thing im searching for is an attachment for my mobile. i got a samsung xcover4 for navigation and since it has an ip 68 i just need a very reliable clamp without further protection (or conservation). again it must be suitable for offroad rides.

i hope you guys can come up with some ideas! every form of input is really very welcome. thanks a lot in advance and ride carefully :1zhelp: :grin

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
I've seen some guys mount a Pelican case to the rear rack. That's the way I would go. If not I would look for a OGIO lock and ride semi-rigid bag.

Can't help with a phone mount.

Welcome!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man :) the pelican bags are hardcase arent ghey? didnt find a soft version yet.
the OGIO lock and ride semi-rigid bag seems pretty good for me althoug its a bit to big in seizure? i need to keep space to the exhausts if its softcase and thus flex to prevent it from being damaged. can u tell how its usually attached? im not sure yet this will work with my bumper only?!

best regards!!

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Yes the pelican is a hardcase.

I agree OGIO is big compared to the Scramy's rear rack.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
thanks man :) the pelican bags are hardcase arent ghey? didnt find a soft version yet.
the OGIO lock and ride semi-rigid bag seems pretty good for me althoug its a bit to big in seizure? i need to keep space to the exhausts if its softcase and thus flex to prevent it from being damaged. can u tell how its usually attached? im not sure yet this will work with my bumper only?!

best regards!!
this must be the rear bumper u have ? ,
since u don't have the rear rack it might be easier for you to mount a plastic storage box in front like seen in the second picture,
this is not my quad, it is a picture from a member on forum here who posted it,
the front hood/ cover on the scrambler is solid enough you could screw a "small" box on top of it if you don't carry anything heavy in it, in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
indeed, thats my bumper!
i'd prefer a rear bag tbh but in case i dont find a fitting solution i have this in mind! :) thx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

best regards!!
since u don't have the rear rack it might be easier for you to mount a plastic storage box in front like seen in the second picture,
the front hood/ cover on the scrambler is solid enough you could screw a "small" box on top of it if you don't carry anything heavy in it, in my opinion.
let me pick that up again: can you tell me where to get this front back/what its named/whatever to identify? :)
thx man!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

best regards!!
let me pick that up again: can you tell me where to get this front back/what its named/whatever to identify? :)
thx man!
that is not a ATV storage box, its a storage box/ tool box sold at any hardware store.
Measure dimension opening on quad and order one online or go to a store. As previously posted the picture is not of my atv but another member on here.
I will try and contact him for you to see where he bought it if you want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx man!
that is not a ATV storage box, its a storage box/ tool box sold at any hardware store.
Measure dimension opening on quad and order one online or go to a store. As previously posted the picture is not of my atv but another member on here.
ok, thought it was an atv-specific box or something. i can keep my eyes open myself, but thanks a lot.
tbh, im still on hope i will find a water resistant small and soft case for my rear ;)

so id anyone knows a cool bag, let me know :grin

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
thx man!
ok, thought it was an atv-specific box or something. i can keep my eyes open myself, but thanks a lot.
tbh, im still on hope i will find a water resistant small and soft case for my rear ;)

i mean if u really want a rear bag you could always buy a over priced bag like this one and tie it down with bungee cords onto your fenders and bumper.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/372683098205

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i mean if u really want a rear bag you could always buy a over priced bag like this one and tie it down with bungee cords onto your fenders and bumper.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/372683098205
thx for ur participation, but this bag is way to big. i have already looked for those original but overpriced bags (not sure if i was willing to pay this though) but havent found a fitting one yet :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts