Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching the latest episode of Dirttrax and Luke said they have been invited by Polaris to a new model release in a couple months. Polaris says it's something your really going to like. Anyone heard what it is? A 1000 Scrambler? Single seat RZR? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
815 Posts
a single seat buggy like a honda pilot would be cool. 850 motor with good suspension and 50" wide.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
some people were thinking it was the new NPT WV850 that they put out a week or two ago. I'm not sold on that. It doesn't have the WOW factor that something they are going to hint about like that would need.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Shift on the fly transmission?

I can't see anything big coming out for ATVs, seems they are putting their R&D money into SxSs.

Sean

·
Registered
94 Posts
Robooo, witch episode of dirt traxs was it? the new one coming up there going to Finland to see can-am's new 6X6 outlander

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My Bother in law is tight lipped too, dam them guys can keep a secret
no they are not putting the razor 1000 motor in a scrambler because it is a east and west motor and the scrambler and sportsman are north south motors
Like the earlier post said, I think it could be an XMR type Sportsman. Would the 900 XP RZR motor work in an atv chasis? Also there has been talk of Polaris coming out with new in house motors, maybe we will see a new veichle with an all new Prostar motor. I do think there is a single seat RZR type unit in the works as well, been hearing rumblings about that for a while. Whether or not that would appeal to the masses remains to be seen. Sure is an exciting time for the ATV industry.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My Bother in law is tight lipped too, dam them guys can keep a secret
no they are not putting the razor 1000 motor in a scrambler because it is a east and west motor and the scrambler and sportsman are north south motors
actually they could. just because the 900 and 1000 currently sit transverse in every application doesn't mean it can't be put Longitudally ;) A simple change of the frame and transmission mounting points would be all that's really needed to make it work.

The only real problem that I could see on fitting the Prostar to the XP line is if the engine itself is bigger then the old engine.

i'm hoping it's the Lone RZR or Slingshot :D but the Slingshot is a long shot in the dark XD

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
oh after they unveil it you will go ya I seen it already

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Is it an ATV?
oh after they unveil it you will go ya I seen it already
Bother in law said yesterday it will be unveiled this week and unless somebody broke silence nobody has seen it or heard of it,
he ask what the rumors are I told him he said nothing tight lipped as usally

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
no clue He just said it is gonna be cool that's all he would say after drinking my beer all day and eating my food
to him I say, well played sir, Well played!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts