Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Picked up first ATV on Labor Day a 2006 Sportsman 450, 150hrs/1200 miles with polaris winch and Glacier III 60" plow. Now the fun begins changing all fluids and lubing. My question is does this rear differential share the lubrication from the transmission as in chain just doing the oil bath thingy or is it changed separately and has it's own fluid? Also was wondering if anyone can tell me what Purolator, WIX, or Napa Gold filter will fit. I have the service manual on the way. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW!! Posted this in two places and have 63/59 looks combined and no responses. I have done searches but mostly come up with the 2006 500 info. Could use some advice guys.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yes, the transmission and rear diff. ,if you want to call it that, all share the same case, using One Fluid. If memory serves, it 22 ounces, but don't quote me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure on filter as I don't have a 450. Try to cross the number that is on it now. Use google it should give you some choices

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the input appreciate it. Now I know a little bit more to get this show on the road and ready for winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts