Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the polaris heated grips on back in December and now I just ordered a light bar. What kind of battery should I get to avoid any problems now that I will be running those accessories.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the LED uses very little power...do you keep your battery on a maintainer...if you need a battery get the biggest AH rated in your group size...Get a AGM there are a few online battery vendors with great prices an free shipping...Deka an Odysey are good batteries....
I was going to get an interstate but found out the power sport ones are no longer made by them as told by Intersate dealer..

this is where i got mine the big crank is a Decka battery Polaris Sportsman 850 XP EPS (2010 - '12) ATV Battery - BatteryMart.com these are 26 Ah batteries...

there is another place online a few dollars cheaper....but dont know the name

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Your probably not going to have issues with an 850 XP running those accessories. You have 450W at idle and 550W at higher RPM plus your battery reserve. Don't talk yourself into an issue. Always better to give the stock system a chance before upgrading. At the most buy a half amp or 1 amp battery tender to keep the battery at max charge but I would just wait and see if you need it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm still running my stock battery in a 2010 550. PIAA lights, winching & plowing and heated grips. I have never have had a problem, but it's on a tender when not in use.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll just wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That being said if your want to upgrade then I would suggest the Odyssey 925L. twice the power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts