Polaris ATV Forum banner

New bushings for 2014, are they better

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnJr 
#1 ·
I think about getting back into the ATV scene and I notice a lot of complaints about the bushings on Polaris quads. I noticed that the 2014's have different bushing part #, so are they better! or just the same with a different number? I'm thinking about a 2014 scrambler or a Renegade as I am a fast trail rider.

#2 ·
Guess only time will tell? Too new to come to any conclusions

#3 ·
I think about getting back into the ATV scene and I notice a lot of complaints about the bushings on Polaris quads. I noticed that the 2014's have different bushing part #, so are they better?
I highly doubt it :)
The stock bushings are total crap. My hub bushings didn't last 300 miles and I bought the quad new. My buddy has the exact same ATV and his already have play on one side - he has around 200 miles.

The good news is that there is a forum member that makes heavy duty bushings that do not require grease. The entire kit is around $200 and you won't have to worry about them anymore.

I looked at both the renegade and the scrambler. I bought the scrambler because I believed it to have better ride quality. Good luck with your decision

#10 ·
Same deal for me. I race my quads so they get regreased every 60 miles however most of my race quads with over 600 miles on them still have tight bushings..

The grease I use is "sticky red" by lucas but still.. If you follow the manual then I can see how they would wear out but then it only takes me 5 minutes to grease mine up..

Same goes for all bushings / bearings - all are still tight and move freely..

#12 ·
they only changed the front bushings in 2014 or the short bushings the long rear bushings are still the same

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.