Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
7.07 Miles an hour. It was either a plowing machine, or grandpa really like to take his time getting places. But with the swamplites I'd lean more towards plowing. Go over it really good. and make sure you're looking at the guys yard and garage. if it's organized and clean, and the yard is kept well he probably took good care of it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Looks like a good machine, but you can polish a piece of crap and make it look good on CL. Like mentioned, talk to the owner and look around the property/garage ect. Ask for receipts/proof of maintenance. Who installed the clutch kit?? If it was dealer installed, I'm sure there's receipts. Check the airbox for signs of water/mud.

$4,300 would be a little high around here for a 7 year old, even with the aftermarket parts but I'm not sure about your area.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thats not a bad deal...I sold my 2008 500 carb for $4500 last month

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Ride it.

Inspect it before your ride, like bgirard said-check the air cleaner-it and the condition of the motor oil will tell you alot. Ride it and decide from there. I think the miles/hrs are inline, i drive mine at up to 40-50 for brief periods and can't manage to get more than 8miles per hour average. No plowing, just pure riding, but i do let it idle to warm up some, so that of course affects that. OPT (old polaris tech) on atvconnection says efi are a little more problematic (w/wiring) than carbs and recommeds 500HOs are more reliable machines-don't shoot me, check w/OPT, check his opinion out there. If you like it, I'd offer 3500 and work w/owner towards 3900 at most. Good luck. :cowboy:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great responses guys definitely stuff I never thought of. The buyer said he bought it 3 years ago and rode the wife and kid around and just bought a new Razr thats why he's selling it. I will check air box etc.. The price is pretty fair but I am of course going to try and work him a bit on the phone he did say he would take an offer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good suggestions above. I would also unspool the winch cable 10-20 feet to see if there were indications it was used a lot. If he was doing a lot of winching, he was in some interesting places

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
All good suggestions & welcome to the forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts