Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting a better carb for my 05 tld predator. I heard that a yfz carb is pretty good on the pred. Is it hard to swap/is there a better carb i could use?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is wrong with it at all. It was just rebuilt over the winter actually. I just heard that a yfz carb is better than the stock one

·
Registered
521 Posts
Go with an outlaw fcr if you can find the adapter......THE HONDA ONE ALSO WORKS GOOD THOUGH AN ALLOWS YOU TOO SWAP THE THUMB THROTTLE EASIER

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there anyone who still modifies the factory carb. Since I broke my edelbrock I would either have someone rebuild my factory carb or get a 450r carb.

·
Registered
521 Posts
what do you mean as in modify? rebuiling your carb is simple as ordering a kit from jet-r-us and replacing everything in the kit

·
Registered
10 Posts
its been years since I have been on a forum for quads but back in the day when there was a forum called predator.com or something like that there was a guy who you send your mikuni carb to and he would do some work to it. Its been so long that I don't remember what he did but it was suppose to give you a bunch more hp. Like I said it has been a longgggg time. I was just hoping someone would know what I was talking about.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well there's simple mods you can do yourself in witch he probably did but you can't really get much out of these carbs polarisproriders.com has a bar carb mod in with the slide moves faster too five you better throttle response but that's about it boring the carb wouldn't get you anything unless you were bored out too around a 600 or better

·
Registered
521 Posts
Most of those places are over at polarisproriders.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts