Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my qsc clutch kit. went to test it out today and when you hammer on the throttle it lifts the front end right up then at 20 mph it falls flat for a second then takes off again. I never had this problem before so what did i do wrong with the installe? Its 2013 800 efi. Feels like it had a cpl more flat spots also after 20 mph

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
After talking to you on the phone it is the traction on the asphalt causing it. These kits grab the belt hard in the primary and when you dead hook off the line like you were it pulls the secondary open to fast. That puts slack in the belt, then it over revs for a split second evoke the primary closes and takes up the slack. Then it starts accelerating again. Won't happen once you are on dirt and the tires can break loose a little bit to keep the secondary from opening so fast.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just installed my qsc clutch kit. went to test it out today and when you hammer on the throttle it lifts the front end right up then at 20 mph it falls flat for a second then takes off again. I never had this problem before so what did i do wrong with the installe? Its 2013 800 efi. Feels like it had a cpl more flat spots also after 20 mph
make sure the 3 weights are not sticking, i have to take mine back apart cuz it still engages beyond 1800rpm with no shims installed

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After talking to you on the phone it is the traction on the asphalt causing it. These kits grab the belt hard in the primary and when you dead hook off the line like you were it pulls the secondary open to fast. That puts slack in the belt, then it over revs for a split second evoke the primary closes and takes up the slack. Then it starts accelerating again. Won't happen once you are on dirt and the tires can break loose a little bit to keep the secondary from opening so fast.
yep thinking the same. Just went out and rode some deep snow and a snow covered road and cldnt get it to go flat. Thanks for the great customer service ridenagain

·
Registered
119 Posts
The issue you are talking about is basically the same thing we had with our jr dragster after the kid did his "burnout". The tires spun in the water box and would then grab at the end. I would always push him backwards afterwards to "reset " the secondary clutch and get the belt running high in the secondary .

We used the same style clutches and they were consistent as heck!
The car ran 7.9 seconds at 85 mph in 1/8 mile. That's as quick and fast as NHRA allowed. I had a restrictor plate on the intake and 60 pounds of buckshot to slow the car down to keep him legal!

Sorry for going off topic but this brought back fond memories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts