Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my cooling fan on the 96 Xplorer 400 4x4 was shot, and I overheated the motor a couple of times. I pulled it off yesterday and jumpered it to a battery, got nothing. I ordered an 11" S-Blade cooling fan from Jegs, I'm thinking it should work real well. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it. I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it installed this afternoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, if anyone was wondering, the 11" is too big, and the 10" probably is too. I ended up pulling the motor off the new fan, JB Weld'ing it to the old fan bracket, and wiring it up to a manual switch thats on the headlight pod. The old fan blade fit on perfectly, and the thing hasn't overheated since. I tried wiring up a thermal switch, but it didn't work to well, so a waterproof manual switch had to take care of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The original wiring probably would have worked... Except that when the last motor seized it fried the wiring, so I either had to replace it all, or run my own... I decided to run my own.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top