Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to see how many riders we have here an maybe get some rides going....and where you ride....I am interested in getting a ride going in that big park in N. New Hampshire and to the trails in Manadnock area and Maine...Upsate NY also if any place to ride there...

also if you rode any places in NE tell of your experiences....not looking to go mud bogging...

this can be good...we can offer help also to people when needed if close by...

Al

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Im in SE MA. I ride NH mostly. i will post some of the pics and stuff from NH trips a little later on. at work right now.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to see some posting....hope more chime in later....I did see there are some clubs in MA..but rather do our own thing...a ride an BBQ after....a week end in NH....or just a day ride...young an old welcome...i am old..lol...but love to ride....

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm in CT, not much riding around here. I am very lucky to have about 1600 acres in my back yard to ride in (not mine but private). I know that's not much compared to the guys further North but I'll take what I can get. I would be willing to drive North for bigger adventures so keep me in mind if anything comes up. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Im not much into the Mud. i find it fun to rip through a hole every now and then, but i dont need to be breaking a ton of axles plaing in mud holes all day.

We went up to Pittsburg NH the last weekend before they closed the trails this past fall. It was awesome. got chilly at night, but we went 121 Miles on Saturday up to Diamond Peak in Dixville NH and back. here are some pics.

We didnt search out the mud, it was just there, on the way up the mountain. so we hit it. still got plenty dirty. but there was always a way around the mud hole if you wanted to avoid it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not a mud bogger either..this where i would like to go...

Ride the Wilds ATV Trail System - New Hampshire Motorcycle and ATV Trails

plus its a 62" trail so no worries on being over 50"...they say 1000 miles of trails....that 50" rule kinda stinks ..it puts any one with after market wheels not allowed...should be 56 any ways...lol....but I guess there is a reason to it....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ that is part of the system we rode to the mountain in Dixville. its like driving on a 2 lane road. you could do 60 and pass people coming the other way and have plenty of room to feel safe.

if you look at the link you posted, we just had to ride down to Colebrook, most of it on a Town road, but it is part of the trail system. and then we jumped on the RTW trail and went out. there was sooooo much more we wanted to do. just have to make a few more weekends out of it!

Also keep in to keep in mind. there are trails that branch off of teh RTW that are a 50" trail. you can fit being a little over through the posts. but you dont want to try to take a RZR1000 down those.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes..that looks like a great time...seen a few videos of it....not a bad ride there either for a week end little over 4 hours...may be longer trailering tho....so say 5 tops for me....there looks to a few other places in NH also....I heard maine has a few good places ..but have not looked into any.....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I've been to Little Monadnock, and want to check out pisgah at some point. they are 2 hours from me, im down by Fall River

·
Registered
31 Posts
My buddy and I have gone to NH a bunch of times. We are from CT, about 2.5 hrs away. We were at Pisgah about 3 weeks ago. We have also done little mondodack. We are always up for a ride.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am close to CT line....15 minutes from Stafford Springs...sux CT is so anti ATV riding....some good trails in some of the state forests..i use to hunt Nipmuck ..but was always hassled by game wardens for no reason...just ball busters...so I stopped....

·
Registered
668 Posts
Al, I am from Western MA. We rode Pisgah and Tristate 45 miles last week. About one hour ride for me. Not sure if Monadnock is open anymore after snowfall. There are some great trails there too. I have been to N. Stratford NH before and plan to go up this summer to hit as many trails systems as possible. You should look at State-Line ATV Riders club from MA. On the facebook page is a line of machines in a sand pit. That was in Tri-State trails in Hindsdale NH. That picture was in the back of Dirt Wheels magazine Jan 2014. What do you ride?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey Ronin..I am in western ma also....Brimfield...I just bought a 02 Sportman 500HO in great shape...I just got some new stuff for it...tires/wheels/ a bigger winch...hand guards..a plow system....this my new toy..i been riding my old 87 suzuki lt 250 4x4 that still runs like new..lol...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very nice machine. It looks like new. Check to see if you have a CVT drain plug on the bottom of the cover. I think 03 was the first year for the 500s to get that. Put one in the bottom of the cover if it does not have it. We cross some water in NH and your cvt case make take in some. You can use the small plastic screws with rubber o-ring that come on atv and motorcycle batteries. The parts store will probably give some to you if you ask. Ask them to take some off a dead battery. Makes for easy draining of the cvt case if you need to. Drill a hole and tap the same as the threads on the screw. I may go riding Sunday Feb 16 or later during that week if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes i think you are correct...I never noticed a drain...I have them caps here...will check it good when it warms up a bit..lol...I broke the recoil rope so I just got the parts in...broke right at the pulley..but rope was frayed so going to replace it with new polaris one so the top stays plugged by the handle...I had to silicone it for now while plowing...I got 2 of the new tires on so far..the backs...dam weather is killing me...dam garage is packed with bikes an boat..lol...If I get everything done by then I may be up to it....I been checking craigslist..lowes an Tractor supply..hoping them 2 have a sale or a good one on the list shows up....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ looking for a trailer Al53? i know you had PM'd me last week, i will keep my eye open around here.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks....I am looking here also....i thot the sales would start soon on them....a 5x8 or 10 is fine

1 - 20 of 42 Posts