Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names Chris and I recently bought a 1999 Polaris Sport 400 from a friend of mine. My search for information (My buddy didn't know much about it, except get on it and go, haha) on it lead me here, so I thought I would introduce myself.

This is my first vehicle of this type and to be perfectly honest I don't know much about it. I have ridden a few times with friends over the years, but can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have been on an atv.

My search for information on this thing has been pretty confusing. Search for 1999 polaris sport 400 and most of what I find is for Scrambler and Sportsman. Where would be the best place to go to find out about this thing? It has some issues and I have no idea even where to start. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, but I would like to at least be somewhat informed on this thing.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help and have a good one!
Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome and you might start posting your questions/concerns in our ATV Technical Discussion Forum. Lots of experienced mechanically inclined gurus here.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris. Enjoy the reading....there is a LOT of good info on this site.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Is this forum centered mostly on the newer ATV's?
Welcome, and no not at all there are lots of folks on here with quads of all ages. What type of riding are you in to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Is this forum centered mostly on the newer ATV's?
Welcome, and no not at all there are lots of folks on here with quads of all ages. What type of riding are you in to?
The few rides I have actually been on have been casual desert rides. When I bought this I was planning on moving to Northern AZ and thought it would be nice to have for trails and such. I'm not looking to hit the dunes or anything like that. Just want something I can enjoy a leisurely ride on once or twice a month.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 2013 550 LE with EPS and my girlfriend has a 1999 500 that still runs great. Her son took his Raptor to the dunes about 6 weeks ago and went airborne over a dune and landed about 80 feet below. He shattered his collar bone that needed surgery. I don't think I will be flying over dunes anytime soon. Too old for that shit. Besides, I broke my collar bone many years ago when I was in high school. Don't plan to do that again. Northern Arizona has some wonderful trails. I here box canyon by Florence is a good ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, no dune rides for me either. People get too crazy out there. The guy I bought this from had it out there and managed to wreck/roll it. It somehow rolled on top of his head three times. Luckily he was wearing his helmet. No damage to the bike and he was ok for the most part.

I'm not into the crazy stuff like that, just want something to have some fun on once in awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts