Polaris ATV Forum banner

New from MI

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  afilius 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just checking in from the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. I'm looking to get a nice, preowned Quad. Looking and trying to find a good deal right now. Do you think I'll be able to get a solid, used Polaris in the 1500-2000 range?

thanks,
andy.

#2 ·
Welcome Andy! Depends on what size/style of atv you are looking at. What are you thinking?

#3 ·
Welcome to the site. Finding a nice trail quad for around 2000 or less should be easy. Look at the Trail Boss 330 You can pick up a nice clean 04-05 for less than 2K. Also check out the Magnum. Craigslist will be your best bet. There is a nice looking one now in your area for $1500 with low miles. Remember now in today's market CASH IS KING. Best of luck!!!

Here is the link http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/1584532108.html

#4 ·
Great info guys, thanks. Would that 500 be a good runner for hauling wood and like? It looks like a tremendous value to me for a 500 motor. I am still getting up to speed on the different vareties and classifications within Polaris (Magnum, Sportsman, etc...)

I need something for running around my property on, hauling some trees an wood around. Less trail/racing.

Another guy local to me has a 1995 400 Sportsman with a plow for 1750. I'm thinking that's a little high, thoughts?

#6 ·
Well, that Magnum 500 from Craigs is sold already :( That is my prime candidate. I appreciate you finding it, unfortunately it's gone. What do you think of that Sportsman deal? I'm a little leary of something 15 years old. I can keep searching as well.

So, sportsman, Trail Boss, or Magnum is what i should keep an eye out for?

#7 ·
Too old for my taste. Keep searching everyday and something will pop up. Do a CL statewide search like I did for you. I use crazedlist.org w/firefox. I do not think you are going to find a clean SP for that price. A Magnum yes and a Trail Boss for sure.

#9 ·
does the Sportsman have a big advantage over the Mag or TB?

I work right in downtown GR, and live out towards Lake Michigan near Allendale. If you're in LV you should go to that pawn shop that is featured on History Channell and see what quads they have. On the show they always have quite a few good ones.

I'm jonesing for a ride now with spring around the corner, appreciate any heads up any of you might have along the way. Thanks for the crazedlist link.

andy.

#11 ·
awesome, i appreciate the quick education on the lines within the brand. I really think a 4x4 would come in most handy for me. My land can get muddy and rough at times. so i'm just looking at the sportsman then? Or are certain Magnums push button 4x4?

andy.

#14 ·
Hmmm. The sportsman is a good deal, if its in good shape. If you are willing to spend a little more you would have a tone of options. But i know what its like to be a bargain hunter too. The sportsman can haul wood like crazy. I would go with a sportsman.

#16 ·
Also guys, i have read about the Polaris ATPs, found a 2005. The woman wants 3,500, more than i'd like to spend. Just wondered thoughts on these. I like the dump utility aspect, but do wonder if the cargo area is smaller than would be useful. see attached pics. thoughts between the Sportsman for $1800, or something like this?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.