Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined from troy newyork,(upstate not the city) the polaris dealer has 2 leftover outlaws 525s,525irs i was wondering for east coast terrain is the irs worth an extra grand i use a reg axyl sport quad now any suggestions johnyk
ps. all the quad mags are west coast reviews where 2 trees in the same 100 ft is a forest thanks again

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First welcome to the board!

·
Registered
527 Posts
It will come down to personal preference. I love the straight axle but after riding the outlaw in the woods and on the trails with the extra ground clearance and independent suspension I was totally impressed. Then there is the power of the motor and how well the suspension worked with that power. I would have to choose the 525IRS. Good luck with what ever you choose!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I agree with DDD,I would choose the IRS also because of the ground clearance,but if you ride a straight axle now and like it,then its up to you whether or not you want to spend the extra $$$.You will get through the rutted out trails easier with the IRS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i think i am going for the straight axyl more my style nothing like climbing rocky trail and hearing your skid plate bounce off of things johnyk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts