Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. Im from UpState NY and own a 2007 Sportsman 700EFI. Looking for someone who knows these machines inside and out to maybe ask a few questions about an issue Im having. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: The issue im having is this: After riding the machine for a bit in the woods up hills and back down the hill in low range No Water, Slow not pushing it. The machine from idle will then act like it dropped a cylinder and while you are trying to give it gas it starts to backfire and cough through the airbox. Basically acts like it is starving for fuel. Changing the Plugs from Champions to NGK's and adding a inline fuel filter the problem still happens. Heres the brain teaser. After shutting off the machine and turning it back on with the key the problem is gone both cylinders are fireing and no coughing or backfireing happens. Any Information or in hopes someone else has had this issue can help me out. Thanks again for your time.

·
Registered
667 Posts
hello fellow new yorker. hold old is the gas in the tank? my daughters 300 hawkeye ran like this sunday till we ran it about a hour. i new the gas in here tank is over 6 months old and stale.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
welcome to the board!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts