Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am a Polaris junkie! 03 sportsman 600, 05 predator 500, 2013 sportsman 500HO.just sold 03 and 05. just time for something new! stuck with the Polaris! always looking for new places to ride. from south eastern PA and have been riding most of my life from 2 wheels to 4 wheels and in-between.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the board, this is packed with helpful info!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where from in PA.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm from south central PA. Favorite places to ride for me are unfortunately west- Rock Run and Mountainridge.
Lost trails is ok, but gets a bit boring after 3 hours.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I am from Mechanicsburg.

As soon as the weather breaks I will start riding again and all of us in Pa need to get together on the trail.

·
Registered
195 Posts
As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I am from Mechanicsburg.

As soon as the weather breaks I will start riding again and all of us in Pa need to get together on the trail.
That sounds like a plan!

I'm heading to Michaux this Sunday morning for my first ride after break in. Should be close to 50!

·
Registered
234 Posts
You mean feb 2nd?

My rule is that the temps have to hit 50 or it is too cold.

Maybe I'll head there as well.

I wont get there till 11:30 ish. I think my wife has to work sat evening.

It's gonna be real sloppy. Might be busy as well.

Have you ridden there much?

I'll know for sure sat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in for getting together also, from Stroudsburg PA.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm from south central PA. Favorite places to ride for me are unfortunately west- Rock Run and Mountainridge.
Lost trails is ok, but gets a bit boring after 3 hours.

Need to try RAC up north. Awesome riding up there. Centralia's a nice ride!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Guys, I can't make Sunday at Micheau.

I am in for a ride as soon as the weather breaks.

As many as possible from our forum should try and make a ride together.

I don't know where though. Micheau (spell?) is a possibility but smallish in a way. I would love to ride RAC with someone who knows the area but I do not want to pay their fees.

I have heard real good things about Rock Run. They charge $42.00 for one day for two machines. Last year the club I belong to got a free ride day.

We have a few weeks yet to discuss where we want to set up a ride.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You mean feb 2nd?

My rule is that the temps have to hit 50 or it is too cold.

Maybe I'll head there as well.

I wont get there till 11:30 ish. I think my wife has to work sat evening.

It's gonna be real sloppy. Might be busy as well.

Have you ridden there much?

I'll know for sure sat.
My 10 hours break in were almost all below freezing temps. I'll probably get there around 10ish with my son. We need to be home in the PM to get ready for some football game that is on. ;)

And yeah we ride there pretty regularly. The main trail is not bad. Maybe 15 miles total. All the other trails are where the fun starts. Although it is definitely pretty rocky. Those trails beat the hell out of my son and his Raptor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Guys, I can't make Sunday at Micheau.

I am in for a ride as soon as the weather breaks.

As many as possible from our forum should try and make a ride together.

I don't know where though. Micheau (spell?) is a possibility but smallish in a way. I would love to ride RAC with someone who knows the area but I do not want to pay their fees.

I have heard real good things about Rock Run. They charge $42.00 for one day for two machines. Last year the club I belong to got a free ride day.

We have a few weeks yet to discuss where we want to set up a ride.
Michaux is fun for utes. It beats the crap out of sport quads, unless you stay on the main trail. And that gets boring after an hour or so.
I would buy a RAC permit. But in order to do so, my son has to take some bogus training course.
Yeah, a group get together at RR would be fun. I always stay over since it is a 3+ hour drive. But man what great riding!!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If you just want to go up and check out RAC the time to do it is March April. They don't check permits until May June when the traffic gets thicker.
They only check permits at 3 spots as well right off the main roads. On a side road or further north of Saint Clair, you don't need a permit. There's too much land to patrol and there's one guy that does to all. I been riding up there for five years and have only purchased a permit once in 2012 since the patrol guy told us exactly where they do checks, and we avoid those areas in the peak of the season. I have only seen checks 4 times in the 2000 Miles I have ridden up there.

What you really need to watch out for is the DCNR on watershed land. They started cracking down on that. Big money maker. $65 a pop if you get caught on their land sometimes you have to cross over on the service roads to get to the rest of the trails, but even those roads are off limits to quads.

Sucks, but it only takes a few guys tearing something up to mess it up for everyone!!

Here's a great loop you can do if ya go up there before I do.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1899633

·
Registered
234 Posts
Smoothbassman - wow what a loop. I gotta try that. We have to get together and ride.

I am slightly concerned about the down hill but.....

I really like your map. My little gps does something similar but it takes hours to guess how to put it on the computer.

How deep are the deep crossings? 12" 24" 36" or scuba gear required.

I only ask because of the air temps needed after you take a bath crossing.

I would like to get together for an ice tea sometime before the actual ride. I live in mechanicsburg. I am sure we can meet.

Coombs off pa avenue for Prime Rib comes to mind, maybe.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Smoothbassman - wow what a loop. I gotta try that. We have to get together and ride.

I am slightly concerned about the down hill but.....

I really like your map. My little gps does something similar but it takes hours to guess how to put it on the computer.

How deep are the deep crossings? 12" 24" 36" or scuba gear required.

I only ask because of the air temps needed after you take a bath crossing.

I would like to get together for an ice tea sometime before the actual ride. I live in mechanicsburg. I am sure we can meet.

Coombs off pa avenue for Prime Rib comes to mind, maybe.

There's a way around that steep hill at a much slower pace. Got that route on another map.

Water crossing is about seat height after it rains, top so wheels if it's been dry a few days.

I'm pulling the quad of of storage this week and getting her ready.

We can hook up sometime and I can show you what's up. Just PM me your info.

We ride every other weekend with my crew. They went up there and did this exact ride yesterday. I skipped it. To cold for me!

Here are some shots from the trails.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...MVikpKSVwIJsqw&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos

1 - 20 of 20 Posts