Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, New member here from Reno, NV. Just sold my 2011 RZR XP 900 and bought a brand new Sportsman XP 1000 to go play on. Found this site searching for glowing red exhaust pipe since my muffler was glowing cherry red when I got back from driving it around the block tonight in low gear around 10-35 mph.

Anyways this is my first 4x4 quad and second polaris vehicle. I've come from Yamahas and had banshee's 450's and a 700 raptor. No stranger to offroad stuff either I've had a few jeeps and toyotas, last one being a 4 door Jk jeep on 40" tires with the only thing left stock being the engine and part of the transmission.

·
Registered
630 Posts
welcome to the forum.. may want to check on having the header coated..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I'm going to see what happens with polaris. It sounds like a couple people have complaints and they are looking into it. I remember the same thing happened with the RZR XP900's when they came out and were melting peoples plastics

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys aren't lying. I finally got to go ride it for an hour and it was a beast. Definitely got interesting during a snow storm. My only real valid complaint is the head lights suck but i got HID's on order now from searching on the forum. Ton of great info on here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts