Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, good to be here, and hoping to learn a few things!! I have a 2001 400, and it has been well maintained, and mostly used for the Ranch and Putting out Corn on the Lease!! Looking to get it muddy, and wanting to get some info on some Winch Options, and Snorkel Kits!! I am also in the Process of buying a Brand new one, and probably going to go with the 550. Hope to get a chance to chat with some of you guys sometime!! I will be reading as much as I can, and trying to learn as much as possible.

Here's a Recent pic of how well maintained the Wheeler is....with hardly any Scratches YET!! HAHA

Joe

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
you got good taste nothin like a dodge with a polaris in the back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you sir....and the Truck is my True Money Pit!! HAHA

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
on that 550 are you gonna get eps, I strongly recomend it, if you hunt or do any slow driving or haul anthing or tow its a world of diffrence I got it on my 850xp and I love it, if you havent already test drive one, you will notice the diffrence:usa:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Sir, that's the Plan, but I'm Offshore right now, and probably won't be getting it for a few months!! Thanks for the info though, and right now, I am trying to find a Snorkel kit and Winch for my 01!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
sounds like a good plan to me. as for winch I recamend polaris 3500. the 2500
are junk had one go out with hardly any use. and if are useing your winch chances are you really really need it. if price is an issue some guys on here have mentioned gorrilla winches. there prices are pretty good and they got
a good selection . O and if you get the 3500 on your 550. get the wireless remote, its great if your pulling your buddies out, so you can gloat closer to them. or for more practical purposes rolling in your cable, while simply holding the hook :AR15firing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Suggestions, and I am keeping my eyes out for a Deal on one of those....since I want Good Stuff, and not some Junk on my Wheelers!! I will probably have them do the Winch, when I buy the 550, and get it out of the way. Thanks again bud, and take it easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts