Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a new Polaris 2009 800 Sportsman owner. I went to the dealer to buy a RZR170 for the grandkids and ended up with both. We've had alot of snow here and I have only put 3 miles on it. It is really goosey and makes a clunk when you throttle up in low( dealer says it's normal). Wife is really giving me a hard time as she owns a Arctic Cat 700 LE. I will use it to replace my 03 Yamaha Kodiak 400 to push snow,hunt and shoot sporting clays. I will probably like the true 4WD while hunting in deep snow.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome from NW Washington!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello,
I am a new Polaris 2009 800 Sportsman owner. I went to the dealer to buy a RZR170 for the grandkids and ended up with both. We've had alot of snow here and I have only put 3 miles on it. It is really goosey and makes a clunk when you throttle up in low( dealer says it's normal). Wife is really giving me a hard time as she owns a Arctic Cat 700 LE. I will use it to replace my 03 Yamaha Kodiak 400 to push snow,hunt and shoot sporting clays. I will probably like the true 4WD while hunting in deep snow.
The Polaris has a slight hesitation when you hit the throttle. You will learn to hold the brake until it engages when you are loading or unloading the ATV to keep from jumping into something. Only ATV I have ridden that has that gap from throttle to moving. My mechanic has tried and tried to adjust different Polaris' to stop it without any luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts