Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm hoping somebody can provide assistance with an older (2003) Polaris Ranger Series 11. It's had a history of being difficult to start (especially after sitting for a while). Usually, if I replace the spark plug & fiddle with the choke, it will eventually start. This time, that solution isn't working. I would like to know the best way to troubleshoot this problem & any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
494 Posts
First, is it getting Air, Gas, and Spark?
Check for spark, if spark ok, remove air filter and squirt some gas in it and see if it fires at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Polaris Carb Parts.

First of all, thanks so much for your response. I took the top off of the carb & discovered a nice large slit in the diaphragm. I priced a new carb at my local Polaris dealer ($485). They offered no kit. Then I looked online & found a new one for $340. Then I found individual parts at a site named Escondido PowerSports. That's the only place I found that offers the individual parts. Total price $88.50. So I may give them a try unless y'all know of another good parts place.

·
Registered
494 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts