Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 scrambler 400 4x4. Did some maintenance and had all plastic and tank off and never had a problem before. Now if I dont turn the fuel shut off valve (under front fender) off after driving, in about 30 minutes I have a puddle of gas underneath. It never used to do this and I only shut it off when in storage

What did I knock lose or not get tightened ??

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
similar thing on my

98 sporty. I did the by the 'manual' thing and shut it off when i leave it at deer lease for a couple weeks. I noticed a hang bag on the left side near the valve smelled of gas after riding it a while and saw where it was coming from, right where valve tightens around knob. So i tightened it a bit, about 1/2 to 3/4 turn and it stopped. So try that.

I've learned not to turn my gas off cuz like an idiot i forget its off next time and crank that mother wondering why it won't run well. :aargh4:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think thats it

I will check but I do t think thats it. Went a d checked... it drips gas right ovrr the rea r sw ingarm tyst holds the rear axle.. up highh amd center about under where u would sit

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Is it dripping out of the carb? If so then your needle and seat are shot and need to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts